Welcome to the World of Biblical Prophecy for History and Today

This Blog is intended to help myself and others gain the best understanding of the world around us through exploration of prophetic scripture. The Bible is the text book. Through these studies we will hopefully provide understanding to both believer and unbeliever alike. The way our God and our Savior Jesus distinguish themselves in the spiritual world is through prophetic means. In other words what the Bible teaches us through fullfillment of these prophecies shows us the truth. Let's take some prophetic journeys through history and at the same time learn about the world around us today. Please try and be patient with any typographical errors as I am my own typist and my own research staff. Thanks



Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Jerusalem the Burdensome Stone Isaiah 3 Judgment on Judah and Jerusalem Messages for Today

Jerusalem the Burdensome Stone
Isaiah 3 Judgment on Judah and Jerusalem
Messages for Today

Psa 119:169-176 KJV  TAU. Let my cry come near before thee, O LORD: give me understanding according to thy word.  (170)  Let my supplication come before thee: deliver me according to thy word.  (171)  My lips shall utter praise, when thou hast taught me thy statutes.  (172)  My tongue shall speak of thy word: for all thy commandments are righteousness.  (173)  Let thine hand help me; for I have chosen thy precepts.  (174)  I have longed for thy salvation, O LORD; and thy law is my delight.  (175)  Let my soul live, and it shall praise thee; and let thy judgments help me.  (176)  I have gone astray like a lost sheep; seek thy servant; for I do not forget thy commandments.

Ecc 1:9-10 KJV  The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.  (10)  Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us.

Ecc 3:14-15 KJV  I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him.  (15)  That which hath been is now; and that which is to be hath already been; and God requireth that which is past.

Isa 3:12-14 KJV  As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths.  (13)  The LORD standeth up to plead, and standeth to judge the people.  (14)  The LORD will enter into judgment with the ancients of his people, and the princes thereof: for ye have eaten up the vineyard; the spoil of the poor is in your houses.

What Defiles a Person

Mat 15:10-20 KJV  And he called the multitude, and said unto them, Hear, and understand:  (11)  Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.  (12)  Then came his disciples, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Pharisees were offended, after they heard this saying?  (13)  But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.  (14)  Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.  (15)  Then answered Peter and said unto him, Declare unto us this parable.  (16)  And Jesus said, Are ye also yet without understanding?  (17)  Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?  (18)  But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.  (19)  For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:  (20)  These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.



Hello friends. We are starting our next look into Jerusalem the burdensome stone seen through the prophecies of Isaiah. As we have gone through these journeys we have explored the parallels for the world more specifically America. We will probably find some more here today. We left off looking at chapter 3 verse 11.

Isa 3:4-11 KJV  And I will give children to be their princes, and babes shall rule over them.  (5)  And the people shall be oppressed, every one by another, and every one by his neighbour: the child shall behave himself proudly against the ancient, and the base against the honourable.  (6)  When a man shall take hold of his brother of the house of his father, saying, Thou hast clothing, be thou our ruler, and let this ruin be under thy hand:  (7)  In that day shall he swear, saying, I will not be an healer; for in my house is neither bread nor clothing: make me not a ruler of the people.  (8)  For Jerusalem is ruined, and Judah is fallen: because their tongue and their doings are against the LORD, to provoke the eyes of his glory.  (9)  The shew of their countenance doth witness against them; and they declare their sin as Sodom, they hide it not. Woe unto their soul! for they have rewarded evil unto themselves.  (10)  Say ye to the righteous, that it shall be well with him: for they shall eat the fruit of their doings.  (11)  Woe unto the wicked! it shall be ill with him: for the reward of his hands shall be given him.

We went back to verse 4 for a reason. The reason being we kick off this section with verse 12 which is another version of verse 4. We explored how some kings increased the burdens of the people not a whole lot different than our government trying to tell us what to do with our bodies. Sound familiar? Oh yeah the rights of the pro-death crowd come to mind here. 

Isa 3:12 KJV  As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths.

Isa 3:4 KJV  And I will give children to be their princes, and babes shall rule over them.

Let’s look at what Albert Barnes’ Notes on the Bible says about this verse. 

And women rule over them - This is not to be taken literally, but it means either that the rulers were under the influence of the “harem,” or the females of the court; or that they were effeminate and destitute of vigor and manliness in counsel. The Septuagint and the Chaldee render this verse substantially alike: ‘Thy exactors strip my people as they who gather the grapes strip the vineyard.’

They which lead thee - Hebrew “They who bless thee, or call thee blessed.” (See the margin.) This refers, doubtless, to the public teachers, and the false prophets, who “blessed” or flattered the people, and who promised them safety in their sins.

Cause thee to err - Lead you astray; or lead you into sin and danger.
And destroy - Hebrew “Swallow up.”

Isa 3:13 KJV  The LORD standeth up to plead, and standeth to judge the people.

The Faithful Have Vanished

Psa 12:1-8 KJV  To the chief Musician upon Sheminith, A Psalm of David. Help, LORD; for the godly man ceaseth; for the faithful fail from among the children of men.  (2)  They speak vanity every one with his neighbour: with flattering lips and with a double heart do they speak.  (3)  The LORD shall cut off all flattering lips, and the tongue that speaketh proud things:  (4)  Who have said, With our tongue will we prevail; our lips are our own: who is lord over us?  (5)  For the oppression of the poor, for the sighing of the needy, now will I arise, saith the LORD; I will set him in safety from him that puffeth at him.  (6)  The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.  (7)  Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.  (8)  The wicked walk on every side, when the vilest men are exalted.

Pro 22:22-23 KJV  Rob not the poor, because he is poor: neither oppress the afflicted in the gate:  (23)  For the LORD will plead their cause, and spoil the soul of those that spoiled them.

Pro 23:10-12 KJV  Remove not the old landmarkH1366; and enter not into the fields of the fatherless:  (11)  For their redeemer is mighty; he shall plead their cause with thee.  (12)  Apply thine heart unto instruction, and thine ears to the words of knowledge.

H1366
גְּבֻל    גְּבוּל
gebûl    gebûl
gheb-ool', gheb-ool'
From H1379; properly a cord (as twisted), that is, (by implication) a boundary; by extension the territory inclosed: - border, bound, coast, X great, landmark, limit, quarter, space.
Total KJV occurrences: 240

It almost sounds like ABBA Father is saying do not remove the old borders. Is there a message to America in the things which shall be here? Of course there is. 

The Lord Accuses Israel

Hos 4:1-10 KJV  Hear the word of the LORD, ye children of Israel: for the LORD hath a controversy with the inhabitants of the land, because there is no truth, nor mercy, nor knowledge of God in the land.  (2)  By swearing, and lying, and killing, and stealing, and committing adultery, they break out, and blood toucheth blood.  (3)  Therefore shall the land mourn, and every one that dwelleth therein shall languish, with the beasts of the field, and with the fowls of heaven; yea, the fishes of the sea also shall be taken away.  (4)  Yet let no man strive, nor reprove another: for thy people are as they that strive with the priest.  (5)  Therefore shalt thou fall in the day, and the prophet also shall fall with thee in the night, and I will destroy thy mother.  (6)  My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.  (7)  As they were increased, so they sinned against me: therefore will I change their glory into shame.  (8)  They eat up the sin of my people, and they set their heart on their iniquity.  (9)  And there shall be, like people, like priest: and I will punish them for their ways, and reward them their doings.  (10)  For they shall eat, and not have enough: they shall commit whoredom, and shall not increase: because they have left off to take heed to the LORD.

Again we ask the question does America have something to fear or to learn from all this. 

The Indictment of the Lord

Mic 6:1-5 KJV  Hear ye now what the LORD saith; Arise, contend thou before the mountains, and let the hills hear thy voice.  (2)  Hear ye, O mountains, the LORD'S controversy, and ye strong foundations of the earth: for the LORD hath a controversy with his people, and he will plead with Israel.  (3)  O my people, what have I done unto thee? and wherein have I wearied thee? testify against me.  (4)  For I brought thee up out of the land of Egypt, and redeemed thee out of the house of servants; and I sent before thee Moses, Aaron, and Miriam.  (5)  O my people, remember now what Balak king of Moab consulted, and what Balaam the son of Beor answered him from Shittim unto Gilgal; that ye may know the righteousness of the LORD.


What Does the Lord Require?

Mic 6:6-8 KJV  Wherewith shall I come before the LORD, and bow myself before the high God? shall I come before him with burnt offerings, with calves of a year old?  (7)  Will the LORD be pleased with thousands of rams, or with ten thousands of rivers of oil? shall I give my firstborn for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?  (8)  He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

The message we find in all this for the world and more specifically America?

Have No Fear

Mat 10:26-33 KJV  Fear them not therefore: for there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known.  (27)  What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops.  (28)  And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.  (29)  Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father.  (30)  But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.  (31)  Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows.  (32)  Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.  (33)  But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.


Not Peace, but a Sword

Mat 10:34-39 KJV  Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.  (35)  For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.  (36)  And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.  (37)  He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.  (38)  And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.  (39)  He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

Isa 3:14-15 KJV  The LORD will enter into judgment with the ancients of his people, and the princes thereof: for ye have eaten up the vineyard; the spoil of the poor is in your houses.  (15)  What mean ye that ye beat my people to pieces, and grind the faces of the poor? saith the Lord GOD of hosts.

John Wesley’s Notes on the Bible


Isaiah 3:14

Ancients - The princes or rulers; such were commonly chosen out of those who were in ripe years. Eaten - Destroyed instead of preserving the church and commonwealth of Israel. Spoil - The goods which you have violently taken away from the poor.

The Vineyard of the Lord Destroyed

Isa 5:1-7 KJV  Now will I sing to my wellbeloved a song of my beloved touching his vineyard. My wellbeloved hath a vineyard in a very fruitful hill:  (2)  And he fenced it, and gathered out the stones thereof, and planted it with the choicest vine, and built a tower in the midst of it, and also made a winepress therein: and he looked that it should bring forth grapes, and it brought forth wild grapes.  (3)  And now, O inhabitants of Jerusalem, and men of Judah, judge, I pray you, betwixt me and my vineyard.  (4)  What could have been done more to my vineyard, that I have not done in it? wherefore, when I looked that it should bring forth grapes, brought it forth wild grapes?  (5)  And now go to; I will tell you what I will do to my vineyard: I will take away the hedge thereof, and it shall be eaten up; and break down the wall thereof, and it shall be trodden down:  (6)  And I will lay it waste: it shall not be pruned, nor digged; but there shall come up briers and thorns: I will also command the clouds that they rain no rain upon it.  (7)  For the vineyard of the LORD of hosts is the house of Israel, and the men of Judah his pleasant plant: and he looked for judgment, but behold oppression; for righteousness, but behold a cry.

Amo 4:1-5 KJV  Hear this word, ye kine of Bashan, that are in the mountain of Samaria, which oppress the poor, which crush the needy, which say to their masters, Bring, and let us drink.  (2)  The Lord GOD hath sworn by his holiness, that, lo, the days shall come upon you, that he will take you away with hooks, and your posterity with fishhooks.  (3)  And ye shall go out at the breaches, every cow at that which is before her; and ye shall cast them into the palace, saith the LORD.  (4)  Come to Bethel, and transgress; at Gilgal multiply transgression; and bring your sacrifices every morning, and your tithes after three years:  (5)  And offer a sacrifice of thanksgiving with leaven, and proclaim and publish the free offerings: for this liketh you, O ye children of Israel, saith the Lord GOD.


Israel Has Not Returned to the Lord

Amo 4:6-13 KJV  And I also have given you cleanness of teeth in all your cities, and want of bread in all your places: yet have ye not returned unto me, saith the LORD.  (7)  And also I have withholden the rain from you, when there were yet three months to the harvest: and I caused it to rain upon one city, and caused it not to rain upon another city: one piece was rained upon, and the piece whereupon it rained not withered.  (8)  So two or three cities wandered unto one city, to drink water; but they were not satisfied: yet have ye not returned unto me, saith the LORD.  (9)  I have smitten you with blasting and mildew: when your gardens and your vineyards and your fig trees and your olive trees increased, the palmerworm devoured them: yet have ye not returned unto me, saith the LORD.  (10)  I have sent among you the pestilence after the manner of Egypt: your young men have I slain with the sword, and have taken away your horses; and I have made the stink of your camps to come up unto your nostrils: yet have ye not returned unto me, saith the LORD.  (11)  I have overthrown some of you, as God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah, and ye were as a firebrand plucked out of the burning: yet have ye not returned unto me, saith the LORD.  (12)  Therefore thus will I do unto thee, O Israel: and because I will do this unto thee, prepare to meet thy God, O Israel.  (13)  For, lo, he that formeth the mountains, and createth the wind, and declareth unto man what is his thought, that maketh the morning darkness, and treadeth upon the high places of the earth, The LORD, The God of hosts, is his name.

The Parable of the Tenants

Mat 21:33-40 KJV  Hear another parable: There was a certain householder, which planted a vineyard, and hedged it round about, and digged a winepress in it, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a far country:  (34)  And when the time of the fruit drew near, he sent his servants to the husbandmen, that they might receive the fruits of it.  (35)  And the husbandmen took his servants, and beat one, and killed another, and stoned another.  (36)  Again, he sent other servants more than the first: and they did unto them likewise.  (37)  But last of all he sent unto them his son, saying, They will reverence my son.  (38)  But when the husbandmen saw the son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and let us seize on his inheritance.  (39)  And they caught him, and cast him out of the vineyard, and slew him.  (40)  When the lord therefore of the vineyard cometh, what will he do unto those husbandmen?

Mat 21:41-46 KJV  They say unto him, He will miserably destroy those wicked men, and will let out his vineyard unto other husbandmen, which shall render him the fruits in their seasons.  (42)  Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?  (43)  Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.  (44)  And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.  (45)  And when the chief priests and Pharisees had heard his parables, they perceived that he spake of them.  (46)  But when they sought to lay hands on him, they feared the multitude, because they took him for a prophet.

Isa 3:16-17 KJV  Moreover the LORD saith, Because the daughters of Zion are haughty, and walk with stretched forth necks and wanton eyes, walking and mincing as they go, and making a tinkling with their feet:  (17)  Therefore the Lord will smite with a scab the crown of the head of the daughters of Zion, and the LORD will discover their secret parts.

This passage begins a very heart wrenching description of the sins of the daughters of Zion. Apparently there had been an invasion of false practices which had even started to consume the women of Israel, Judah and Jerusalem. We covered how according to Ezekiel 13 the women were practicing what appeared to be some form of voodoo. This list of abominations eclipses even that. 

These are all customs of different peoples throughout the world. For example although we cannot say for sure there are cultures within the far east and Africa that stretch their necks. They decorate themselves with rings. The Bible is full of how we as a whole develop these far eastern practices. We in no way intend for this to be insulting to any one. It’s just the Bible folks. 



A Burmese Kayan lady               an Afrcan Endebele woman

With regard to the ankle bracelets again we have connections to African and far east cultures. 

    

Things we see every day in America would you say? The one thing that all this has in common is that all of what we are exploring represent foreign worship practices. In other words not Judaism then and Christianity now. 

Isa 3:17-18 KJV  Therefore the Lord will smite with a scab the crown of the head of the daughters of Zion, and the LORD will discover their secret parts.  (18)  In that day the Lord will take away the bravery of their tinkling ornaments about their feet, and their cauls,H7636, and their round tires like the moonH7720,

and their cauls,H7636

H7636
שָׁבִיס
shâbı̂ys
shaw-beece'
From an unused root meaning to interweave; a netting for the hair: - caul.
Total KJV occurrences: 1

Interesting the only time we find this in the scripture is here.

round tires like the moonH7720

H7720
שַׂהֲרֹן
śahărôn
sah-har-one'
From the same as H5469; a round pendant for the neck: - ornament, round tire like the moon.
Total KJV occurrences: 3

The other 2 times we find this in scripture isback in the book of Judges. 

Jdg 8:21 KJV  Then Zebah and Zalmunna said, Rise thou, and fall upon us: for as the man is, so is his strength. And Gideon arose, and slew Zebah and Zalmunna, and took away the ornamentsH7720that were on their camels' necks.

Jdg 8:26 KJV  And the weight of the golden earrings that he requested was a thousand and seven hundred shekels of gold; beside ornamentsH7720,and collarsH5188, and purple raiment that was on the kings of Midian, and beside the chains that were about their camels' necks.

It’s not been that long ago now we started seeing a rise in things like Wicca, crystals and especially body piercing started taking a hold in society. The connection between Arabs and the moon emblem goes way further back than Mohammed. As you can see these more ancient Arabs had a fascination with the emblem as well. We are including some word studies on these objects to better see the influence in today’s society.

Isa 3:19 KJV  The chainsH5188,and the braceletsH8285,and the mufflersH7479,

H5188
נְטִיפָה
neṭı̂yphâh
net-ee-faw'
From H5197; a pendant for the ears (especially of pearls): - chain, collar.
Total KJV occurrences: 2


The only other occurrence in scripture is found in Judges 8:26 above. In this case the word used is applied to collars. In many cases these were probably fashioned to represent gods and goddesses. 

and the braceletsH8285

H8285
שֵׁרָה
shêrâh
shay-raw'
From H8324 in its original sense of pressing; a wrist band (as compact or clasping): - bracelet.
Total KJV occurrences: 1


We believe this would apply to what are called charm bracelets. The flow of the prophecy here would indicate that. 

H7479
רַעֲלָה
ra‛ălâh
rah-al-aw'
Feminine of H7478; a long veil (as fluttering): - muffler.
Total KJV occurrences: 1

Isa 3:20  The bonnetsH6287,and the ornaments of the legs,H6807,and the headbandsH7196,and the tabletsH1004 H5315,and the earringsH3908

The bonnetsH6287

H6287
פְּאֵר
pe'êr
peh-ayr'
From H6286; an embellishment, that is, fancy head dress: - beauty, bonnet, goodly, ornament, tire.
Total KJV occurrences: 7


Albert Barnes’ Notes on the Bible

Isaiah 3:20

The bonnets - The “tiara, head-dress, or turban.” The word comes from the verb “to adorn.” The “turban” is almost universally worn in the East. It was worn by the priests, Exo_39:28; by the bridegroom, Isa_61:10; Eze_24:17; and by women. Its form is well known.

the ornaments of the legs,H6807

H6807
צְעָדָה
tse‛âdâh
tseh-aw-daw'
Feminine of H6806; a march; (concretely) an (ornamental) ankle chain: - going, ornament of the legs.
Total KJV occurrences: 3

And the ornaments for the legs - The word used here is derived from a verb signifying “to walk, to go,” particularly to walk in a stately and formal manner - with a measured step, הצעדות hatse‛ādôth, from צעד tsâ‛ad; and thus refers to a proud and lofty gait. The “ornament” which is here referred to is supposed to have been a short chain extending from one foot to the other, worn by the Eastern women to give them a measured and stately gait. - “Gesenius.” This “chain” is supposed to have been attached by hooks or clasps to the ‘tinkling ornaments’ mentioned in Isa_3:16. Safieri mentions these ornaments, and thus describes them: ‘The word denotes a small chain, with which females, when they walk, connect their feet, in order to make their steps equal.’ Happily these ornaments are unknown in modern times, at least in Western countries. They are still retained in the East.

the headbands,H7196

And the head-bands - This word means “girdles” of any kind, still commonly worn on the head. A picture in the book illustrates one of the usual forms of the head-band.

the tabletsH1004 H5315

And the tablets - The Hebrew is, as in the margin, ‘the houses of the soul.’ The word translated “soul” means also the “breath;” and hence, as one of its meanings, that which is “breathed,” “or which is smelled; “scent; fragrancy, odor.” The word “houses” here may denote also “boxes” - as boxes of perfumes. The phrase here means, undoubtedly, “smelling boxes” or “bottles,” containing perfumes or fragrant odors. The word “tablets” has no meaning here.

the earrings,H3908

H3908
לַחַשׁ
lachash
lakh'-ash
From H3907; properly a whisper, that is, by implication (in a good sense) a private prayer, (in a bad one) an incantation; concretely an amulet: - charmed, earring, enchantment, orator, prayer.
Total KJV occurrences: 5

And the ear-rings - It is by no means certain that the original means ear-rings. The word לחשׁים lechāshı̂ym is derived from the verb לחשׁ lâchash signifying “to whisper,” and then “to conjure, to charm” (see the note at Isa_3:3); and here probably denotes precious stones worn by the females as “amulets” or “charms.” The word is often used to denote charming “serpents” - from their “hissing” and it has been supposed probable that these amulets were small images of serpents. There is no doubt that such ornaments were worn by Oriental females. ‘These ornaments seem to have been amulets, often gems and precious stones, or plates of gold and silver, on which certain magic formulas were inscribed, which were worn suspended from the neck or ears by Oriental females.’ - “Gesenius.” The following extract will furnish an explanation of these ornaments: ‘Besides ornamental rings in the nose and the ears, they (Oriental females) wore others round the legs, which made a tinkling as they went.

The one thing all these different articles represent are eastern religious practices. We will begin to close out this section as the list of these articles goes on and on. We do plan to look at each one as we have here through the eyes of Albert Barnes. 

Traditions and Commandments

Mar 7:1-5 KJV  Then came together unto him the Pharisees, and certain of the scribes, which came from Jerusalem.  (2)  And when they saw some of his disciples eat bread with defiled, that is to say, with unwashen, hands, they found fault.  (3)  For the Pharisees, and all the Jews, except they wash their hands oft, eat not, holding the tradition of the elders.  (4)  And when they come from the market, except they wash, they eat not. And many other things there be, which they have received to hold, as the washing of cups, and pots, brasen vessels, and of tables.  (5)  Then the Pharisees and scribes asked him, Why walk not thy disciples according to the tradition of the elders, but eat bread with unwashen hands?

Mar 7:6-13 KJV  He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.  (7)  Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.  (8)  For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.  (9)  And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.  (10)  For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death:  (11)  But ye say, If a man shall say to his father or mother, It is Corban, that is to say, a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; he shall be free.  (12)  And ye suffer him no more to do ought for his father or his mother;  (13)  Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

Warning Against Idleness

2Th 3:6-15 KJV  Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us.  (7)  For yourselves know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly among you;  (8)  Neither did we eat any man's bread for nought; but wrought with labour and travail night and day, that we might not be chargeable to any of you:  (9)  Not because we have not power, but to make ourselves an ensample unto you to follow us.  (10)  For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.  (11)  For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies.  (12)  Now them that are such we command and exhort by our Lord Jesus Christ, that with quietness they work, and eat their own bread.  (13)  But ye, brethren, be not weary in well doing.  (14)  And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed.  (15)  Yet count him not as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother.

Called to Be Holy

1Pe 1:13-21 KJV  Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;  (14)  As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:  (15)  But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;  (16)  Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.  (17)  And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:  (18)  Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;  (19)  But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:  (20)  Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,  (21)  Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.
1Pe 1:22-25 KJV  Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:  (23)  Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.  (24)  For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:  (25)  But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

As always thanks for sharing a word
God Bless








































































































Print

No comments: