Welcome to the World of Biblical Prophecy for History and Today

This Blog is intended to help myself and others gain the best understanding of the world around us through exploration of prophetic scripture. The Bible is the text book. Through these studies we will hopefully provide understanding to both believer and unbeliever alike. The way our God and our Savior Jesus distinguish themselves in the spiritual world is through prophetic means. In other words what the Bible teaches us through fullfillment of these prophecies shows us the truth. Let's take some prophetic journeys through history and at the same time learn about the world around us today. Please try and be patient with any typographical errors as I am my own typist and my own research staff. Thanks



Wednesday, July 1, 2020

What Does the Lord Want Right Now? 4

What Does the Lord Want Right Now? 4
What the World Needs 
The Fear of the Lord
A Journey Through the Books of Wisdom


Psa 119:168-176 KJV  I have kept thy precepts and thy testimonies: for all my ways are before thee.  (169)  TAU. Let my cry come near before thee, O LORD: give me understanding according to thy word.  (170)  Let my supplication come before thee: deliver me according to thy word.  (171)  My lips shall utter praise, when thou hast taught me thy statutes.  (172)  My tongue shall speak of thy word: for all thy commandments are righteousness.  (173)  Let thine hand help me; for I have chosen thy precepts.  (174)  I have longed for thy salvation, O LORD; and thy law is my delight.  (175)  Let my soul live, and it shall praise thee; and let thy judgments help me.  (176)  I have gone astray like a lost sheep; seek thy servant; for I do not forget thy commandments.


Joh 8:1-5 KJV  Jesus went unto the mount of Olives.  (2)  And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them.  (3)  And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,  (4)  They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.  (5)  Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?



Joh 8:6-9 KJV  This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.  (7)  So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.  (8)  And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.  (9)  And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.

Although we are not going to study upon what Jesus wrote on the ground here we realize for all including us that it’s a big question. Well we can say this with all honesty it scared the people from the stoning they were about to perform. Most commentaries feel that He wrote the commandments. This is very possible. Some commentaries feel He wrote the same question He posed in verse 7. Perhaps we should also put a little emphasis on the method employed here. 

In the book of numbers chapter 5 we find the test of a possible adulteress. It also employed the use of the dust on the temple floor. 

Num 5:12-16 KJV  Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, If any man's wife go aside, and commit a trespass against him,  (13)  And a man lie with her carnally, and it be hid from the eyes of her husband, and be kept close, and she be defiled, and there be no witness against her, neither she be taken with the manner;  (14)  And the spirit of jealousy come upon him, and he be jealous of his wife, and she be defiled: or if the spirit of jealousy come upon him, and he be jealous of his wife, and she be not defiled:  (15)  Then shall the man bring his wife unto the priest, and he shall bring her offering for her, the tenth part of an ephah of barley meal; he shall pour no oil upon it, nor put frankincense thereon; for it is an offering of jealousy, an offering of memorial, bringing iniquity to remembrance.  (16)  And the priest shall bring her near, and set her before the LORD:

Num 5:17-19 KJV  And the priest shall take holy water in an earthen vessel; and of the dust that is in the floor of the tabernacle the priest shall take, and put it into the water:  (18)  And the priest shall set the woman before the LORD, and uncover the woman's head, and put the offering of memorial in her hands, which is the jealousy offering: and the priest shall have in his hand the bitter water that causeth the curse:  (19)  And the priest shall charge her by an oath, and say unto the woman, If no man have lain with thee, and if thou hast not gone aside to uncleanness with another instead of thy husband, be thou free from this bitter water that causeth the curseH779:

H779
אָרַר
'ârar
aw-rar'
A primitive root; to execrate: -  X bitterly curse.
Total KJV occurrences: 63

Num 5:20-22 KJV  But if thou hast gone aside to another instead of thy husband, and if thou be defiled, and some man have lain with thee beside thine husband:  (21)  Then the priest shall charge the woman with an oath of cursing, and the priest shall say unto the woman, The LORD make thee a curseH423 and an oath among thy people, when the LORD doth make thy thigh to rot, and thy belly to swell;  (22)  And this water that causeth the curse shall go into thy bowels, to make thy belly to swell, and thy thigh to rot: And the woman shall say, Amen, amen.

H423
אָלָה
'âlâh
aw-law'
From H422; an imprecation: - curse, cursing, execration, oath, swearing.
Total KJV occurrences: 35

Num 5:23-27 KJV  And the priest shall write these curses in a book, and he shall blot them out with the bitter water:  (24)  And he shall cause the woman to drink the bitter water that causeth the curse: and the water that causeth the curse shall enter into her, and become bitter.  (25)  Then the priest shall take the jealousy offering out of the woman's hand, and shall wave the offering before the LORD, and offer it upon the altar:  (26)  And the priest shall take an handful of the offering, even the memorial thereof, and burn it upon the altar, and afterward shall cause the woman to drink the water.  (27)  And when he hath made her to drink the water, then it shall come to pass, that, if she be defiled, and have done trespass against her husband, that the water that causeth the curse shall enter into her, and become bitter, and her belly shall swell, and her thigh shall rot: and the woman shall be a curse among her people.

Num 5:28-31 KJV  And if the woman be not defiled, but be clean; then she shall be free, and shall conceive seed.  (29)  This is the law of jealousies, when a wife goeth aside to another instead of her husband, and is defiled;  (30)  Or when the spirit of jealousy cometh upon him, and he be jealous over his wife, and shall set the woman before the LORD, and the priest shall execute upon her all this law.  (31)  Then shall the man be guiltless from iniquity, and this woman shall bear her iniquity.

Perhaps this had a lot to do with why Jesus wrote in the dust of the temple area floor. We must also remember here at this stage of Jesus’ ministry the sacrifice to clear up all the mess has not taken place yet. The law so to speak was still and is still reaching out to the people then and now. Remember how Jesus also defined adultery as well. 

Mat 5:27-30 KJV  Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:  (28)  But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.  (29)  And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.  (30)  And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.


Any how back to our opening passage of John 8.

Joh 8:10-12 KJV  When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?  (11)  She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.  (12)  Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

Some are no doubt saying at this point what does all this have to do with the fear of the Lord. Well quite a bit actually for those who might not know or even care. The folks that brought this woman before Jesus had lost their fear of God. Once again we must point out that the people who should have known Jesus first were last to know Him. Whatever Jesus wrote in the dirt here it put the fear of the Lord back in these people. They all lost their zeal for carrying out the stoning to say the least. 

Joh 8:13-21 KJV  The Pharisees therefore said unto him, Thou bearest record of thyself; thy record is not true.  (14)  Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go.  (15)  Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man.  (16)  And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.  (17)  It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true.  (18)  I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.  (19)  Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.  (20)  These words spake Jesus in the treasury, as he taught in the temple: and no man laid hands on him; for his hour was not yet come.  (21)  Then said Jesus again unto them, I go my way, and ye shall seek me, and shall die in your sins: whither I go, ye cannot come.

Joh 8:22-27 KJV  Then said the Jews, Will he kill himself? because he saith, Whither I go, ye cannot come.  (23)  And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.  (24)  I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.  (25)  Then said they unto him, Who art thou? And Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning.  (26)  I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him.  (27)  They understood not that he spake to them of the Father.

Joh 8:28-32 KJV  Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.  (29)  And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.  (30)  As he spake these words, many believed on him.  (31)  Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;  (32)  And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Joh 8:27 KJV  They understood not that he spake to them of the Father.

They understood not. These are the key words that inform us that they had lost their fear of the Lord. How do we know this some are no doubt asking about now? Well because we have a basic requirement from the Lord Himself with regard to understanding. In school days the wore we heard a lot was pre-requisite. Does anyone remember from our last get together what that might be? 

Luk 12:1-12 KJV  In the mean time, when there were gathered together an innumerable multitude of people, insomuch that they trode one upon another, he began to say unto his disciples first of all, Beware ye of the leaven of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy.  (2)  For there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; neither hid, that shall not be known.  (3)  Therefore whatsoever ye have spoken in darkness shall be heard in the light; and that which ye have spoken in the ear in closets shall be proclaimed upon the housetops.  (4)  And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do.  (5)  But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.  (6)  Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God?  (7)  But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows.  (8)  Also I say unto you, Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God:  (9)  But he that denieth me before men shall be denied before the angels of God.  (10)  And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven.  (11)  And when they bring you unto the synagogues, and unto magistrates, and powers, take ye no thought how or what thing ye shall answer, or what ye shall say:  (12)  For the Holy Ghost shall teach you in the same hour what ye ought to say.

Luk 12:5 KJV  But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

Mat 10:18-28 KJV  And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles.  (19)  But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.  (20)  For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.  (21)  And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.  (22)  And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.  (23)  But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.  (24)  The disciple is not above his master, nor the servant above his lord.  (25)  It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more shall they call them of his household?  (26)  Fear them not therefore: for there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known.  (27)  What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops.  (28)  And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Mat 10:28 KJV  And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.



Pro 1:1-7 KJV  The proverbs of Solomon the son of David, king of Israel;  (2)  To know wisdom and instruction; to perceive the words of understanding;  (3)  To receive the instruction of wisdom, justice, and judgment, and equity;  (4)  To give subtilty to the simple, to the young man knowledge and discretion.  (5)  A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels:  (6)  To understand a proverb, and the interpretation; the words of the wise, and their dark sayings.  (7)  The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Pro 1:7 KJV  The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Pro 1:7-16 KJV  The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.  (8)  My son, hear the instruction of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother:  (9)  For they shall be an ornament of grace unto thy head, and chains about thy neck.  (10)  My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not.  (11)  If they say, Come with us, let us lay wait for blood, let us lurk privily for the innocent without cause:  (12)  Let us swallow them up alive as the grave; and whole, as those that go down into the pit:  (13)  We shall find all precious substance, we shall fill our houses with spoil:  (14)  Cast in thy lot among us; let us all have one purse:  (15)  My son, walk not thou in the way with them; refrain thy foot from their path:  (16)  For their feet run to evil, and make haste to shed blood.


Pro 1:17-27 KJV  Surely in vain the net is spread in the sight of any bird.  (18)  And they lay wait for their own blood; they lurk privily for their own lives.  (19)  So are the ways of every one that is greedy of gain; which taketh away the life of the owners thereof.  (20)  Wisdom crieth without; she uttereth her voice in the streets:  (21)  She crieth in the chief place of concourse, in the openings of the gates: in the city she uttereth her words, saying,  (22)  How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?  (23)  Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.  (24)  Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;  (25)  But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:  (26)  I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;  (27)  When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.

Pro 1:28-33 KJV  Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:  (29)  For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD:  (30)  They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof.  (31)  Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices.  (32)  For the turning away of the simple shall slay them, and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them.  (33)  But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil.

Pro 1:29 KJV  For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD:

Pro 2:1-9 KJV  My son, if thou wilt receive my words, and hide my commandments with thee;  (2)  So that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thine heart to understanding;  (3)  Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding;  (4)  If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures;  (5)  Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God.  (6)  For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.  (7)  He layeth up sound wisdom for the righteous: he is a buckler to them that walk uprightly.  (8)  He keepeth the paths of judgment, and preserveth the way of his saints.  (9)  Then shalt thou understand righteousness, and judgment, and equity; yea, every good path.

Pro 2:5 KJV  Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God.

Pro 8:1-9 KJV  Doth not wisdom cry? and understanding put forth her voice?  (2)  She standeth in the top of high places, by the way in the places of the paths.  (3)  She crieth at the gates, at the entry of the city, at the coming in at the doors.  (4)  Unto you, O men, I call; and my voice is to the sons of man.  (5)  O ye simple, understand wisdom: and, ye fools, be ye of an understanding heart.  (6)  Hear; for I will speak of excellent things; and the opening of my lips shall be right things.  (7)  For my mouth shall speak truth; and wickedness is an abomination to my lips.  (8)  All the words of my mouth are in righteousness; there is nothing froward or perverse in them.  (9)  They are all plain to him that understandeth, and right to them that find knowledge.

Pro 8:10-13 KJV  Receive my instruction, and not silver; and knowledge rather than choice gold.  (11)  For wisdom is better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it.  (12)  I wisdom dwell with prudence, and find out knowledge of witty inventions.  (13)  The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

Pro 8:13 KJV  The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

Pro 8:14-26 KJV  Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom: I am understanding; I have strength.  (15)  By me kings reign, and princes decree justice.  (16)  By me princes rule, and nobles, even all the judges of the earth.  (17)  I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.  (18)  Riches and honour are with me; yea, durable riches and righteousness.  (19)  My fruit is better than gold, yea, than fine gold; and my revenue than choice silver.  (20)  I lead in the way of righteousness, in the midst of the paths of judgment:  (21)  That I may cause those that love me to inherit substance; and I will fill their treasures.  (22)  The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.  (23)  I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.  (24)  When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.  (25)  Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth:  (26)  While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.

Isa 11:1-3 KJV  And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots:  (2)  And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;  (3)  And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears:


Pro 8:27-31 KJV  When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth:  (28)  When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep:  (29)  When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth:  (30)  Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;  (31)  Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.


Pro 8:32-36 KJV  Now therefore hearken unto me, O ye children: for blessed are they that keep my ways.  (33)  Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it not.  (34)  Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors.  (35)  For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the LORD.  (36)  But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.

Pro 9:1-9 KJV  Wisdom hath builded her house, she hath hewn out her seven pillars:  (2)  She hath killed her beasts; she hath mingled her wine; she hath also furnished her table.  (3)  She hath sent forth her maidens: she crieth upon the highest places of the city,  (4)  Whoso is simple, let him turn in hither: as for him that wanteth understanding, she saith to him,  (5)  Come, eat of my bread, and drink of the wine which I have mingled.  (6)  Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.  (7)  He that reproveth a scorner getteth to himself shame: and he that rebuketh a wicked man getteth himself a blot.  (8)  Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee.  (9)  Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.

Pro 9:10-18 KJV  The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.  (11)  For by me thy days shall be multiplied, and the years of thy life shall be increased.  (12)  If thou be wise, thou shalt be wise for thyself: but if thou scornest, thou alone shalt bear it.  (13)  A foolish woman is clamorous: she is simple, and knoweth nothing.  (14)  For she sitteth at the door of her house, on a seat in the high places of the city,  (15)  To call passengers who go right on their ways:  (16)  Whoso is simple, let him turn in hither: and as for him that wanteth understanding, she saith to him,  (17)  Stolen waters are sweet, and bread eaten in secret is pleasant.  (18)  But he knoweth not that the dead are there; and that her guests are in the depths of hell.

Pro 10:27 KJV  The fear of the LORD prolongeth days: but the years of the wicked shall be shortened.

Pro 14:2 KJV  He that walketh in his uprightness feareth the LORD: but he that is perverse in his ways despiseth him.

Pro 14:12-16 KJV  There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.  (13)  Even in laughter the heart is sorrowful; and the end of that mirth is heaviness.  (14)  The backslider in heart shall be filled with his own ways: and a good man shall be satisfied from himself.  (15)  The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.  (16)  A wise man feareth, and departeth from evil: but the fool rageth, and is confident.

Pro 14:26-27 KJV  In the fear of the LORD is strong confidence: and his children shall have a place of refuge.  (27)  The fear of the LORD is a fountain of life, to depart from the snares of death.

Interesting here we have this fountain of life being mentioned. 

Rev 21:1-8 KJV  And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.  (2)  And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.  (3)  And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.  (4)  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.  (5)  And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.  (6)  And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.  (7)  He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.  (8)  But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.


Joh 7:33-38 KJV  Then said Jesus unto them, Yet a little while am I with you, and then I go unto him that sent me.  (34)  Ye shall seek me, and shall not find me: and where I am, thither ye cannot come.  (35)  Then said the Jews among themselves, Whither will he go, that we shall not find him? will he go unto the dispersed among the Gentiles, and teach the Gentiles?  (36)  What manner of saying is this that he said, Ye shall seek me, and shall not find me: and where I am, thither ye cannot come?  (37)  In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.  (38)  He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

Pro 15:16 KJV  Better is little with the fear of the LORD than great treasure and trouble therewith.

Pro 15:33 KJV  The fear of the LORD is the instruction of wisdom; and before honour is humility.

Pro 16:6-18 KJV  By mercy and truth iniquity is purged: and by the fear of the LORD men depart from evil.  (7)  When a man's ways please the LORD, he maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him.  (8)  Better is a little with righteousness than great revenues without right.  (9)  A man's heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps.  (10)  A divine sentence is in the lips of the king: his mouth transgresseth not in judgment.  (11)  A just weight and balance are the LORD'S: all the weights of the bag are his work.  (12)  It is an abomination to kings to commit wickedness: for the throne is established by righteousness.  (13)  Righteous lips are the delight of kings; and they love him that speaketh right.  (14)  The wrath of a king is as messengers of death: but a wise man will pacify it.  (15)  In the light of the king's countenance is life; and his favour is as a cloud of the latter rain.  (16)  How much better is it to get wisdom than gold! and to get understanding rather to be chosen than silver!  (17)  The highway of the upright is to depart from evil: he that keepeth his way preserveth his soul.  (18)  Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

Pro 16:6 KJV  By mercy and truth iniquity is purged: and by the fear of the LORD men depart from evil.

Pro 19:1-9 KJV  Better is the poor that walketh in his integrity, than he that is perverse in his lips, and is a fool.  (2)  Also, that the soul be without knowledge, it is not good; and he that hasteth with his feet sinneth.  (3)  The foolishness of man perverteth his way: and his heart fretteth against the LORD.  (4)  Wealth maketh many friends; but the poor is separated from his neighbour.  (5)  A false witness shall not be unpunished, and he that speaketh lies shall not escape.  (6)  Many will intreat the favour of the prince: and every man is a friend to him that giveth gifts.  (7)  All the brethren of the poor do hate him: how much more do his friends go far from him? he pursueth them with words, yet they are wanting to him.  (8)  He that getteth wisdom loveth his own soul: he that keepeth understanding shall find good.  (9)  A false witness shall not be unpunished, and he that speaketh lies shall perish.

Pro 19:10-18 KJV  Delight is not seemly for a fool; much less for a servant to have rule over princes.  (11)  The discretion of a man deferreth his anger; and it is his glory to pass over a transgression.  (12)  The king's wrath is as the roaring of a lion; but his favour is as dew upon the grass.  (13)  A foolish son is the calamity of his father: and the contentions of a wife are a continual dropping.  (14)  House and riches are the inheritance of fathers: and a prudent wife is from the LORD.  (15)  Slothfulness casteth into a deep sleep; and an idle soul shall suffer hunger.  (16)  He that keepeth the commandment keepeth his own soul; but he that despiseth his ways shall die.  (17)  He that hath pity upon the poor lendeth unto the LORD; and that which he hath given will he pay him again.  (18)  Chasten thy son while there is hope, and let not thy soul spare for his crying.

Pro 19:19-29 KJV  A man of great wrath shall suffer punishment: for if thou deliver him, yet thou must do it again.  (20)  Hear counsel, and receive instruction, that thou mayest be wise in thy latter end.  (21)  There are many devices in a man's heart; nevertheless the counsel of the LORD, that shall stand.  (22)  The desire of a man is his kindness: and a poor man is better than a liar.  (23)  The fear of the LORD tendeth to life: and he that hath it shall abide satisfied; he shall not be visited with evil.  (24)  A slothful man hideth his hand in his bosom, and will not so much as bring it to his mouth again.  (25)  Smite a scorner, and the simple will beware: and reprove one that hath understanding, and he will understand knowledge.  (26)  He that wasteth his father, and chaseth away his mother, is a son that causeth shame, and bringeth reproach.  (27)  Cease, my son, to hear the instruction that causeth to err from the words of knowledge.  (28)  An ungodly witness scorneth judgment: and the mouth of the wicked devoureth iniquity.  (29)  Judgments are prepared for scorners, and stripes for the back of fools.

Pro 19:23 KJV  The fear of the LORD tendeth to life: and he that hath it shall abide satisfied; he shall not be visited with evil.

Pro 22:1-6 KJV  A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favour rather than silver and gold.  (2)  The rich and poor meet together: the LORD is the maker of them all.  (3)  A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself: but the simple pass on, and are punished.  (4)  By humility and the fear of the LORD are riches, and honour, and life.  (5)  Thorns and snares are in the way of the froward: he that doth keep his soul shall be far from them.  (6)  Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

Pro 22:4 KJV  By humility and the fear of the LORD are riches, and honour, and life.

Pro 23:1-8 KJV  When thou sittest to eat with a ruler, consider diligently what is before thee:  (2)  And put a knife to thy throat, if thou be a man given to appetite.  (3)  Be not desirous of his dainties: for they are deceitful meat.  (4)  Labour not to be rich: cease from thine own wisdom.  (5)  Wilt thou set thine eyes upon that which is not? for riches certainly make themselves wings; they fly away as an eagle toward heaven.  (6)  Eat thou not the bread of him that hath an evil eye, neither desire thou his dainty meats:  (7)  For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he: Eat and drink, saith he to thee; but his heart is not with thee.  (8)  The morsel which thou hast eaten shalt thou vomit up, and lose thy sweet words.

Pro 23:9-25 KJV  Speak not in the ears of a fool: for he will despise the wisdom of thy words.  (10)  Remove not the old landmark; and enter not into the fields of the fatherless:  (11)  For their redeemer is mighty; he shall plead their cause with thee.  (12)  Apply thine heart unto instruction, and thine ears to the words of knowledge.  (13)  Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die.  (14)  Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell.  (15)  My son, if thine heart be wise, my heart shall rejoice, even mine.  (16)  Yea, my reins shall rejoice, when thy lips speak right things.  (17)  Let not thine heart envy sinners: but be thou in the fear of the LORD all the day long.  (18)  For surely there is an end; and thine expectation shall not be cut off.  (19)  Hear thou, my son, and be wise, and guide thine heart in the way.  (20)  Be not among winebibbers; among riotous eaters of flesh:  (21)  For the drunkard and the glutton shall come to poverty: and drowsiness shall clothe a man with rags.  (22)  Hearken unto thy father that begat thee, and despise not thy mother when she is old.  (23)  Buy the truth, and sell it not; also wisdom, and instruction, and understanding.  (24)  The father of the righteous shall greatly rejoice: and he that begetteth a wise child shall have joy of him.  (25)  Thy father and thy mother shall be glad, and she that bare thee shall rejoice.

Pro 23:17 KJV  Let not thine heart envy sinners: but be thou in the fear of the LORD all the day long.

Ecc 8:1-7 KJV  Who is as the wise man? and who knoweth the interpretation of a thing? a man's wisdom maketh his face to shine, and the boldness of his face shall be changed.  (2)  I counsel thee to keep the king's commandment, and that in regard of the oath of God.  (3)  Be not hasty to go out of his sight: stand not in an evil thing; for he doeth whatsoever pleaseth him.  (4)  Where the word of a king is, there is power: and who may say unto him, What doest thou?  (5)  Whoso keepeth the commandment shall feel no evil thing: and a wise man's heart discerneth both time and judgment.  (6)  Because to every purpose there is time and judgment, therefore the misery of man is great upon him.  (7)  For he knoweth not that which shall be: for who can tell him when it shall be?

Ecc 8:8-10 KJV  There is no man that hath power over the spirit to retain the spirit; neither hath he power in the day of death: and there is no discharge in that war; neither shall wickedness deliver those that are given to it.  (9)  All this have I seen, and applied my heart unto every work that is done under the sun: there is a time wherein one man ruleth over another to his own hurt.  (10)  And so I saw the wicked buried, who had come and gone from the place of the holy, and they were forgotten in the city where they had so done: this is also vanity.

Ecc 8:11-14 KJV  Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.  (12)  Though a sinner do evil an hundred times, and his days be prolonged, yet surely I know that it shall be well with them that fear God, which fear before him:  (13)  But it shall not be well with the wicked, neither shall he prolong his days, which are as a shadow; because he feareth not before God.  (14)  There is a vanity which is done upon the earth; that there be just men, unto whom it happeneth according to the work of the wicked; again, there be wicked men, to whom it happeneth according to the work of the righteous: I said that this also is vanity.

This is a very powerful passage is it not? Starting with verse 11. When we are not punished right away for something we did which we know was wrong we are inclined to keep on sinning. This is especially true concerning our young and vulnerable. Satan’s biggest hit on the family comes when we lapse in our servitude to our Lord and Savior. Yours truly knows this all too well. 

Ecc 8:15-17 KJV  Then I commended mirth, because a man hath no better thing under the sun, than to eat, and to drink, and to be merry: for that shall abide with him of his labour the days of his life, which God giveth him under the sun.  (16)  When I applied mine heart to know wisdom, and to see the business that is done upon the earth: (for also there is that neither day nor night seeth sleep with his eyes:)  (17)  Then I beheld all the work of God, that a man cannot find out the work that is done under the sun: because though a man labour to seek it out, yet he shall not find it; yea further; though a wise man think to know it, yet shall he not be able to find it.

Ecc 12:1-4 KJV  Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them;  (2)  While the sun, or the light, or the moon, or the stars, be not darkened, nor the clouds return after the rain:  (3)  In the day when the keepers of the house shall tremble, and the strong men shall bow themselves, and the grinders cease because they are few, and those that look out of the windows be darkened,  (4)  And the doors shall be shut in the streets, when the sound of the grinding is low, and he shall rise up at the voice of the bird, and all the daughters of musick shall be brought low;


Ecc 12:5-7 KJV  Also when they shall be afraid of that which is high, and fears shall be in the way, and the almond tree shall flourish, and the grasshopper shall be a burden, and desire shall fail: because man goeth to his long home, and the mourners go about the streets:  (6)  Or ever the silver cord be loosed, or the golden bowl be broken, or the pitcher be broken at the fountain, or the wheel broken at the cistern.  (7)  Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.


Ecc 12:8-14 KJV  Vanity of vanities, saith the preacher; all is vanity.  (9)  And moreover, because the preacher was wise, he still taught the people knowledge; yea, he gave good heed, and sought out, and set in order many proverbs.  (10)  The preacher sought to find out acceptable words: and that which was written was upright, even words of truth.  (11)  The words of the wise are as goads, and as nails fastened by the masters of assemblies, which are given from one shepherd.  (12)  And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.  (13)  Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.  (14)  For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

What does the Lord want right now among other things? He wants us to fear Him. We cannot understand the Lord without the fear of Him. That understanding is what leads us to knowing things like our fate to be specific life and death is all with Him. That’s how we come to grips with things like the corona pestilence.

Deu 30:12-20 KJV  It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?  (13)  Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?  (14)  But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.  (15)  See, I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil;  (16)  In that I command thee this day to love the LORD thy God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commandments and his statutes and his judgments, that thou mayest live and multiply: and the LORD thy God shall bless thee in the land whither thou goest to possess it.  (17)  But if thine heart turn away, so that thou wilt not hear, but shalt be drawn away, and worship other gods, and serve them;  (18)  I denounce unto you this day, that ye shall surely perish, and that ye shall not prolong your days upon the land, whither thou passest over Jordan to go to possess it.  (19)  I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:  (20)  That thou mayest love the LORD thy God, and that thou mayest obey his voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him: for he is thy life, and the length of thy days: that thou mayest dwell in the land which the LORD sware unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

Mat 10:28 KJV  And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Luk 12:5 KJV  But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

Luk 1:50 KJV  And his mercy is on them that fear him from generation to generation.

Rev 19:1-9 KJV  And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God:  (2)  For true and righteous are his judgments: for he hath judged the great whore, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand.  (3)  And again they said, Alleluia. And her smoke rose up for ever and ever.  (4)  And the four and twenty elders and the four beasts fell down and worshipped God that sat on the throne, saying, Amen; Alleluia.  (5)  And a voice came out of the throne, saying, Praise our God, all ye his servants, and ye that fear him, both small and great.  (6)  And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.  (7)  Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.  (8)  And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.  (9)  And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.


Joh 14:1-7 KJV  Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.  (2)  In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.  (3)  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.  (4)  And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.  (5)  Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?  (6)  Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.  (7)  If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.


As always thanks for sharing a word
God Bless




































































































































Print

No comments: