Welcome to the World of Biblical Prophecy for History and Today

This Blog is intended to help myself and others gain the best understanding of the world around us through exploration of prophetic scripture. The Bible is the text book. Through these studies we will hopefully provide understanding to both believer and unbeliever alike. The way our God and our Savior Jesus distinguish themselves in the spiritual world is through prophetic means. In other words what the Bible teaches us through fullfillment of these prophecies shows us the truth. Let's take some prophetic journeys through history and at the same time learn about the world around us today. Please try and be patient with any typographical errors as I am my own typist and my own research staff. Thanks



Saturday, January 1, 2022

Jesus and Jonah 2 Jonah 3 Exploring More Parallels

Jesus and Jonah 2 
Jonah 3
Exploring More Parallels

Psa 119:169-176 KJV  TAU. Let my cry come near before thee, O LORD: give me understanding according to thy word.  (170)  Let my supplication come before thee: deliver me according to thy word.  (171)  My lips shall utter praise, when thou hast taught me thy statutes.  (172)  My tongue shall speak of thy word: for all thy commandments are righteousness.  (173)  Let thine hand help me; for I have chosen thy precepts.  (174)  I have longed for thy salvation, O LORD; and thy law is my delight.  (175)  Let my soul live, and it shall praise thee; and let thy judgments help me.  (176)  I have gone astray like a lost sheep; seek thy servant; for I do not forget thy commandments. 

Ecc 1:9-11 KJV  The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.  (10)  Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us.  (11)  There is no remembrance of former things; neither shall there be any remembrance of things that are to come with those that shall come after.

Ecc 3:14-15 KJV  I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him.  (15)  That which hath been is now; and that which is to be hath already been; and God requireth that which is past.

Ecc 3:16 KJV  And moreover I saw under the sun the place of judgment, that wickedness was there; and the place of righteousness, that iniquity was there.

The Sign of Jonah

Mat 12:38-42 KJV  Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would see a sign from thee.  (39)  But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:  (40)  For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.  (41)  The men of Nineveh shall rise in judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: because they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas is here.  (42)  The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: for she came from the uttermost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon is here.


Hello again friends. We are continuing to explore the parallels between Lord Yeshua/Jesus and Jonah. We are working our way into chapter 3 of Jonah. We will now start exploring some things that are interesting with Jonah now out of the fish’s belly. Let’s have a quick review of a couple of things to this point.

1. Lord Yeshua/Jesus was led by a crowd and thrown into His “judgment” for lack of better words. 

Jesus Before Pilate

Luk 23:1-5 KJV  And the whole multitude of them arose, and led him unto Pilate.  (2)  And they began to accuse him, saying, We found this fellow perverting the nation, and forbidding to give tribute to Caesar, saying that he himself is Christ a King.  (3)  And Pilate asked him, saying, Art thou the King of the Jews? And he answered him and said, Thou sayest it.  (4)  Then said Pilate to the chief priests and to the people, I find no fault in this man.  (5)  And they were the more fierce, saying, He stirreth up the people, teaching throughout all Jewry, beginning from Galilee to this place.


Jonah was thrown into the sea.

Jon 1:13-16 KJV  Nevertheless the men rowed hard to bring it to the land; but they could not: for the sea wrought, and was tempestuous against them.  (14)  Wherefore they cried unto the LORD, and said, We beseech thee, O LORD, we beseech thee, let us not perish for this man's life, and lay not upon us innocent blood: for thou, O LORD, hast done as it pleased thee.  (15)  So they took up Jonah, and cast him forth into the sea: and the sea ceased from her raging.  (16)  Then the men feared the LORD exceedingly, and offered a sacrifice unto the LORD, and made vows.

2. Lord Yeshua/Jesus languished on the cross 

The Death of Jesus

Mat 27:45-49 KJV  Now from the sixth hour there was darkness over all the land unto the ninth hour.  (46)  And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?  (47)  Some of them that stood there, when they heard that, said, This man calleth for Elias.  (48)  And straightway one of them ran, and took a spunge, and filled it with vinegar, and put it on a reed, and gave him to drink.  (49)  The rest said, Let be, let us see whether Elias will come to save him.

Why Have You Forsaken Me?

Psa 22:1 KJV  To the chief Musician upon Aijeleth Shahar, A Psalm of David. My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?

Mar 15:33-34 KJV  And when the sixth hour was come, there was darkness over the whole land until the ninth hour.  (34)  And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?


Jonah sunk to the bottom(s) of the sea. 

Jon 2:4-7 KJV  Then I said, I am cast out of thy sight; yet I will look again toward thy holy temple.  (5)  The waters compassed me about, even to the soul: the depth closed me round about, the weeds were wrapped about my head.  (6)  I went down to the bottoms of the mountains; the earth with her bars was about me for ever: yet hast thou brought up my life from corruption, O LORD my God.  (7)  When my soul fainted within me I remembered the LORD: and my prayer came in unto thee, into thine holy temple.

3. Our Lord and Savior Yeshua/Jesus died on the cross and His words tell us He descends into the heart of the earth.

Mat 27:49-56 KJV  The rest said, Let be, let us see whether Elias will come to save him.  (50)  Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.  (51)  And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;  (52)  And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,  (53)  And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.  (54)  Now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God.  (55)  And many women were there beholding afar off, which followed Jesus from Galilee, ministering unto him:  (56)  Among which was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James and Joses, and the mother of Zebedee's children.

Mat 12:38-40 KJV  Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would see a sign from thee.  (39)  But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:  (40)  For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.


Jonah physically dies

Jon 2:7 KJV  When my soul faintedH5848within me I remembered the LORD: and my prayer came in unto thee, into thine holy temple.

H5848
עָטַף
‛âṭaph
aw-taf'
A primitive root; to shroud, that is, clothe (whether transitively or reflexively); hence (from the idea of darkness) to languish: - cover (over), fail, faint, feebler, hide self, be overwhelmed, swoon.
Total KJV occurrences: 16

4. Lord Yeshua/Jesus is in the heart of the earth 3 days and 3 nights

Jesus Again Foretells Death, Resurrection

Mat 17:22-23 KJV  And while they abode in Galilee, Jesus said unto them, The Son of man shall be betrayed into the hands of men:  (23)  And they shall kill him, and the third day he shall be raised again. And they were exceeding sorry.

Jonah was in the belly of the great fish for 3 days and nights

Jon 1:17 KJV  Now the LORD had prepared a great fish to swallow up Jonah. And Jonah was in the belly of the fish three days and three nights.

ABBA Father had no intention of His 1 and only Son becoming a prisoner in the abyss as some might say. Just as He made arrangements for His servant Jonah. 

5. Lord Yeshua/Jesus was resurrected on the 3rd day because the grave could not hold Him. 

The Resurrection

Mat 28:1-5 KJV  In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.  (2)  And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it.  (3)  His countenance was like lightning, and his raiment white as snow:  (4)  And for fear of him the keepers did shake, and became as dead men.  (5)  And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified.

Mat 28:6-10 KJV  He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.  (7)  And go quickly, and tell his disciples that he is risen from the dead; and, behold, he goeth before you into Galilee; there shall ye see him: lo, I have told you.  (8)  And they departed quickly from the sepulchre with fear and great joy; and did run to bring his disciples word.  (9)  And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, All hail. And they came and held him by the feet, and worshipped him.  (10)  Then said Jesus unto them, Be not afraid: go tell my brethren that they go into Galilee, and there shall they see me.


Jonah was spit out by the whale because ABBA Father intended to preserve and bring him back to life. 

Jon 2:7-10 KJV  When my soul fainted within me I remembered the LORD: and my prayer came in unto thee, into thine holy temple.  (8)  They that observe lying vanities forsake their own mercy.  (9)  But I will sacrifice unto thee with the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay that that I have vowed. Salvation is of the LORD.  (10)  And the LORD spake unto the fish, and it vomited out Jonah upon the dry land.

6. Lord Yeshua /Jesus had a direct connection to the temple in heaven. 

Mat 17:1-7 KJV  And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart,  (2)  And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.  (3)  And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him.  (4)  Then answered Peter, and said unto Jesus, Lord, it is good for us to be here: if thou wilt, let us make here three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias.  (5)  While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.  (6)  And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their face, and were sore afraid.  (7)  And Jesus came and touched them, and said, Arise, and be not afraid.


Luk 22:39-46 KJV  And he came out, and went, as he was wont, to the mount of Olives; and his disciples also followed him.  (40)  And when he was at the place, he said unto them, Pray that ye enter not into temptation.  (41)  And he was withdrawn from them about a stone's cast, and kneeled down, and prayed,  (42)  Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.  (43)  And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him.  (44)  And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground.  (45)  And when he rose up from prayer, and was come to his disciples, he found them sleeping for sorrow,  (46)  And said unto them, Why sleep ye? rise and pray, lest ye enter into temptation.


We wanted to point out something here that we feel is very important. Jonah tells us 2 times in the following passage about his prayer and where that prayer was directed to. It was directed to the holy temple. 

Jon 2:4-7 KJV  Then I said, I am cast out of thy sight; yet I will look again toward thy holy temple.  (5)  The waters compassed me about, even to the soul: the depth closed me round about, the weeds were wrapped about my head.  (6)  I went down to the bottoms of the mountains; the earth with her bars was about me for ever: yet hast thou brought up my life from corruption, O LORD my God.  (7)  When my soul fainted within me I remembered the LORD: and my prayer came in unto thee, into thine holy temple.

As for Jonah’s prayer we do not know exactly which temple he was referring to here. However we would be willing to guess either one would suffice for Jonah in his position. When someone is under the duress he was it was probably aimed to the temple in heaven since he could no longer see the temple mount. 

Jonah Goes to Nineveh

Jon 3:1-5 KJV  And the word of the LORD came unto Jonah the second time, saying,  (2)  Arise, go unto Nineveh, that great city, and preach unto it the preaching that I bid thee.  (3)  So Jonah arose, and went unto Nineveh, according to the word of the LORD. Now Nineveh was an exceeding great city of three days' journey.  (4)  And Jonah began to enter into the city a day's journey, and he cried, and said, Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown.  (5)  So the people of Nineveh believed God, and proclaimed a fast, and put on sackcloth, from the greatest of them even to the least of them.


Now we begin to look a little harder toward Jonah for a bit. Jonah has a renewed zeal to complete his mission now. As a matter of fact the Bible tells us he completed the journey in 1 day. When it normally would take 3. 

Now we have some more parallels. The people of Nineveh more importantly the king proclaimed the word of the Lord should not be ignored. 

Jon 3:4-5 KJV  And Jonah began to enter into the city a day's journey, and he cried, and said, Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown.  (5)  So the people of Nineveh believed God, and proclaimed a fast, and put on sackcloth, from the greatest of them even to the least of them.

Lord Yeshua/Jesus was taking the world by storm with everyone except the leadership. That is the leadership of the Israelite people at this time.  As we explored in an earlier segment Pontius Pilate himself proclaimed Lord Yeshua/Jesus’ innocence. 

Mat 27:24-26 KJV  When Pilate saw that he could prevail nothing, but that rather a tumult was made, he took water, and washed his hands before the multitude, saying, I am innocent of the blood of this just person: see ye to it.  (25)  Then answered all the people, and said, His blood be on us, and on our children.  (26)  Then released he Barabbas unto them: and when he had scourged Jesus, he delivered him to be crucified.

Amazing is it not the speed with which the people turned on Lord Yeshua/Jesus. ABBA Father no doubt felt the same way in the book of Exodus. Now of course we know not all the people turned on Him. From what info the Bible gives us it appears many did however. 

Exo 32:8-9 KJV  They have turned aside quickly out of the way which I commanded them: they have made them a molten calf, and have worshipped it, and have sacrificed thereunto, and said, These be thy gods, O Israel, which have brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.  (9)  And the LORD said unto Moses, I have seen this people, and, behold, it is a stiffnecked people:


Exo 33:1-6 KJV  And the LORD said unto Moses, Depart, and go up hence, thou and the people which thou hast brought up out of the land of Egypt, unto the land which I sware unto Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, saying, Unto thy seed will I give it:  (2)  And I will send an angel before thee; and I will drive out the Canaanite, the Amorite, and the Hittite, and the Perizzite, the Hivite, and the Jebusite:  (3)  Unto a land flowing with milk and honey: for I will not go up in the midst of thee; for thou art a stiffnecked people: lest I consume thee in the way.  (4)  And when the people heard these evil tidings, they mourned: and no man did put on him his ornaments.  (5)  For the LORD had said unto Moses, Say unto the children of Israel, Ye are a stiffnecked people: I will come up into the midst of thee in a moment, and consume thee: therefore now put off thy ornaments from thee, that I may know what to do unto thee.  (6)  And the children of Israel stripped themselves of their ornaments by the mount Horeb.

Exo 34:9 KJV  And he said, If now I have found grace in thy sight, O Lord, let my Lord, I pray thee, go among us; for it is a stiffnecked people; and pardon our iniquity and our sin, and take us for thine inheritance.

The word comes up 9 times in scripture. One of these is found in the NT with the speech given by Stephen before he is martyred. 

The Stoning of Stephen

Act 7:44-50 KJV  Our fathers had the tabernacle of witness in the wilderness, as he had appointed, speaking unto Moses, that he should make it according to the fashion that he had seen.  (45)  Which also our fathers that came after brought in with Jesus into the possession of the Gentiles, whom God drave out before the face of our fathers, unto the days of David;  (46)  Who found favour before God, and desired to find a tabernacle for the God of Jacob.  (47)  But Solomon built him an house.  (48)  Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,  (49)  Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?  (50)  Hath not my hand made all these things?

Act 7:51-53 KJV  Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.  (52)  Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers:  (53)  Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it.

Act 7:54-60 KJV  When they heard these things, they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed on him with their teeth.  (55)  But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,  (56)  And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.  (57)  The*n they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and ran upon him with one accord,  (58)  And cast him out of the city, and stoned him: and the witnesses laid down their clothes at a young man's feet, whose name was Saul.  (59)  And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.  (60)  And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep.


Lord Yeshua/Jesus had the people turn on Him at lightning speed with examples such as the following one. It demonstrates just how fast we can lose our faith and spiritual gifts. This of course starting with our salvation. The acceptance of salvation being the start of receiving others.

Jesus Cleanses Ten Lepers

Luk 17:11-14 KJV  And it came to pass, as he went to Jerusalem, that he passed through the midst of Samaria and Galilee.  (12)  And as he entered into a certain village, there met him ten men that were lepers, which stood afar off:  (13)  And they lifted up their voices, and said, Jesus, Master, have mercy on us.  (14)  And when he saw them, he said unto them, Go shew yourselves unto the priests. And it came to pass, that, as they went, they were cleansed.


Luk 17:15-19 KJV  And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, and with a loud voice glorified God,  (16)  And fell down on his face at his feet, giving him thanks: and he was a Samaritan.  (17)  And Jesus answering said, Were there not ten cleansed? but where are the nine?  (18)  There are not found that returned to give glory to God, save this stranger.  (19)  And he said unto him, Arise, go thy way: thy faith hath made thee whole.

Can you imagine being healed by a spoken word say of cancer for example and within 1 minute you already forgot your gift of being healed. We have explored some over the years now how hard it is for us to conceive seeing what the Hebrew people did during the Exodus. All the things ABBA Father did in their plain sight and yet they forgot. We do the same things today and Lord Yeshua/Jesus taught us about this in the parable of the sower. 

The Parable of the Sower

Mat 13:1-9 KJV  The same day went Jesus out of the house, and sat by the sea side.  (2)  And great multitudes were gathered together unto him, so that he went into a ship, and sat; and the whole multitude stood on the shore.  (3)  And he spake many things unto them in parables, saying, Behold, a sower went forth to sow;  (4)  And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side, and the fowls came and devoured them up:  (5)  Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth:  (6)  And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away.  (7)  And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them:  (8)  But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold.  (9)  Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

The Parable of the Sower Explained

Mat 13:18-23 KJV  Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower.  (19)  When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.  (20)  But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;  (21)  Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.  (22)  He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.  (23)  But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.



The Parable of the Weeds

Mat 13:24-30 KJV  Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:  (25)  But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.  (26)  But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.  (27)  So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?  (28)  He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?  (29)  But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.  (30)  Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

The Parable of the Weeds Explained

Mat 13:36-39 KJV  Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.  (37)  He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;  (38)  The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;  (39)  The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.


Mat 13:40-43 KJV  As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.  (41)  The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;  (42)  And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.  (43)  Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

We are going some where with all this friends. We will be returning to Jonah 3 in a few moments. Hopefully we will demonstrate another pattern to Lord Yeshua/Jesus. We would ask at this moment for you to keep the order of events as the sign of Jonah Matthew 12 leads into parables of gathering believers. Now give a moment to Jonah and his mission. This passage is 1 we heavily explored in the rapture studies. It also has patterns to Jonah. Patterns to obtaining salvation and listening to messages and warnings. More importantly workers who take this information to the world.


Jonah Goes to Nineveh

Jon 3:1-5 KJV  And the word of the LORD came unto Jonah the second time, saying,  (2)  Arise, go unto Nineveh, that great city, and preach unto it the preaching that I bid thee.  (3)  So Jonah arose, and went unto Nineveh, according to the word of the LORD. Now Nineveh was an exceeding great city of three days' journey.  (4)  And Jonah began to enter into the city a day's journey, and he cried, and said, Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown.  (5)  So the people of Nineveh believed God, and proclaimed a fast, and put on sackcloth, from the greatest of them even to the least of them.

Jesus Calls the First Disciples

Mat 4:18-22 KJV  And Jesus, walking by the sea of Galilee, saw two brethren, Simon called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea: for they were fishers.  (19)  And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.  (20)  And they straightway left their nets, and followed him.  (21)  And going on from thence, he saw other two brethren, James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother, in a ship with Zebedee their father, mending their nets; and he called them.  (22)  And they immediately left the ship and their father, and followed him.


Jesus Ministers to Great Crowds

Mat 4:23-25 KJV  And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.  (24)  And his fame went throughout all Syria: and they brought unto him all sick people that were taken with divers diseases and torments, and those which were possessed with devils, and those which were lunatick, and those that had the palsy; and he healed them.  (25)  And there followed him great multitudes of people from Galilee, and from Decapolis, and from Jerusalem, and from Judaea, and from beyond Jordan.

Jonah prophesied to 1 of the largest cities on earth in his ministry being Nineveh. Lord Yeshua/Jesus of course came to establish Himself among the Hebrew people and then for the world which was all prophesied as well. As we explore in the gospels Lord Yeshua /Jesus warns of those cities which would remain unrepentant. This is something we will bring up in our next journey.

We will close out today’s study with the thought of evangelism in mind. As we mentioned above Jonah in today’s terms evangelized the city of Nineveh. It’s the response that perplexes Jonah. We will pick that subject up as well in the next journey regarding Jonah and Lord Yeshua/Jesus. He came for all of us past, present and future. 

Gen 46:26-27 KJV  All the souls that came with Jacob into Egypt, which came out of his loins, besides Jacob's sons' wives, all the souls were threescore and six;  (27)  And the sons of Joseph, which were born him in Egypt, were two souls: all the souls of the house of Jacob, which came into Egypt, were threescore and ten.

We have an interesting parallel and contrast between the number of people that entered into Egypt and the number of disciples Lord Yeshua/Jesus sent out into the mission fields so to speak. 


Luk 10:1 KJV  After these things the Lord appointed other seventy also, and sent them two and two before his face into every city and place, whither he himself would come.


The Great Commission

Mat 28:16-20 KJV  Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them.  (17)  And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.  (18)  And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.  (19)  Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:  (20)  Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Mar 16:14-20 KJV  Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen.  (15)  And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.  (16)  He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.  (17)  And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;  (18)  They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.  (19)  So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.  (20)  And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.


The Ascension

Act 1:6-11 KJV  When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?  (7)  And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.  (8)  But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.  (9)  And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.  (10)  And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;  (11)  Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Rev 22:7 KJV  Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.


As always thanks for sharing a word
God Bless
Merry “Christ”mas 
Happy Holy Days





































































































Print

No comments: