Welcome to the World of Biblical Prophecy for History and Today

This Blog is intended to help myself and others gain the best understanding of the world around us through exploration of prophetic scripture. The Bible is the text book. Through these studies we will hopefully provide understanding to both believer and unbeliever alike. The way our God and our Savior Jesus distinguish themselves in the spiritual world is through prophetic means. In other words what the Bible teaches us through fullfillment of these prophecies shows us the truth. Let's take some prophetic journeys through history and at the same time learn about the world around us today. Please try and be patient with any typographical errors as I am my own typist and my own research staff. Thanks



Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Daniel Extremity 12:13 Connections and Reflections


Dan 12:13 KJV
(13) But go thou thy way till the end be: for thou shalt rest, and stand in thy lot at the end of the days.

Well folks here we are at the end of a long journey through the book of Daniel. It has hopefully been a pleasurable and eye opening journey for those who have taken the adventure all the way to this point. This by no means will be the last we reference the great prophet. As a matter of fact the last word Daniel receives within this prophecy assures him and us we have a great place awaiting us but even more important a Messiah coming to rule this kingdom. As with many of the passages we looked at the final verse seems to have meaning to a couple of earlier statements.

Dan 12:9-10 KJV
(9) And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.
(10) Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

Dan 12:1-4 KJV
(1) And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.
(2) And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.
(3) And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.
(4) But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.


Dan 12:4 KJV
(4) But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledgeH1847 shall be increased.

H1847
דּעת
da‛ath
dah'-ath
From H3045; knowledge: - cunning, [ig-] norantly, know(-ledge), [un-] awares (wittingly).

H3045
ידע
yâda‛yaw-dah'
A primitive root; to know (properly to ascertain by seeing); used in a great variety of senses, figuratively, literally, euphemistically and inferentially (including observation, care, recognition; and causatively instruction, designation, punishment, etc.): - acknowledge, acquaintance (-ted with), advise, answer, appoint, assuredly, be aware, [un-] awares, can [-not], certainly, for a certainty, comprehend, consider, X could they, cunning, declare, be diligent, (can, cause to) discern, discover, endued with, familiar friend, famous, feel, can have, be [ig-] norant, instruct, kinsfolk, kinsman, (cause to, let, make) know, (come to give, have, take) knowledge, have [knowledge], (be, make, make to be, make self) known, + be learned, + lie by man, mark, perceive, privy to, X prognosticator, regard, have respect, skilful, shew, can (man of) skill, be sure, of a surety, teach, (can) tell, understand, have [understanding], X will be, wist, wit, wot.
 
After looking into the definitions of these words we can learn something. This something being that all who desire so can make themselves familiar with the times by applying scriptural understanding to what we see in the world. How do we know that this is where the answer lies? Well let's let the scripture answer the question.

Mat 5:16-19 KJV

(16) Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
(17) Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
(18) For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
(19) Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

As we have mentioned so many times in our journeys Jesus in a nut shell is telling us to go back and study the prophets for the shape of things to come beyond His earthly ministry.

Luk 21:20-22 KJV
(20) And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.
(21) Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto.
(22) For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.

Joh 17:9-26 KJV
(9) I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.
(10) And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.
(11) And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.
(12) While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.
(13) And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves.
(14) I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
(15) I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.
(16) They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
(17) Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
(18) As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.
(19) And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.
(20) Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
(21) That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
(22) And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
(23) I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.
(24) Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.
(25) O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me.
(26) And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.


Joh 16:1-6 KJV
(1) These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended.
(2) They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.
(3) And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me.
(4) But these things have I told you, that when the time shall come, ye may remember that I told you of them. And these things I said not unto you at the beginning, because I was with you.
(5) But now I go my way to him that sent me; and none of you asketh me, Whither goest thou?
(6) But because I have said these things unto you, sorrow hath filled your heart.

Rom 15:1-6 KJV
(1) We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves.
(2) Let every one of us please his neighbour for his good to edification.
(3) For even Christ pleased not himself; but, as it is written, The reproaches of them that reproached thee fell on me.
(4) For whatsoever things were written aforetimeG4270 were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.
(5) Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus:
(6) That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Now there will always be those who seem to want to live completely in the NT world of Christianity. Before we continue further let's explore our highlighted word from verse 4.

G4270
προγράφω
prographōprog-raf'-o
From G4253 and G1125; to write previously; figuratively to announce, prescribe: - before ordain, evidently set forth, write (afore, aforetime).

Where in the world is it that all these things addressed by Paul are discovered and shared in unity? Well quite simply realizing that both testaments of scripture are married. If you would like to check out a few things in scriptures that tell us so (a couple of personal favorites) please check out Reasons for the Seasons 1 and 2. Perhaps one of the most important pictures painted other than Jesus' teachings of course is found here in 1st Corinthians.

1Co 10:9-14 KJV
(9) Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents.
(10) Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer.
(11) Now all these things happened unto them for ensamplesG5179: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.
(12) Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.
(13) There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
(14) Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry.

Let's stop and explore this word ensamples.

G5179
τύπος
tupostoo'-pos
From G5180; a die (as struck), that is, (by implication) a stamp or scar; by analogy a shape, that is, a statue, (figuratively) style or resemblance; specifically a sampler ("type"), that is, a model (for imitation) or instance (for warning): - en- (ex-) ample, fashion, figure, form, manner, pattern, print.

Now let's consider those passages we call upon so often.

Ecc 1:9-11 KJV
(9) The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
(10) Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us.
(11) There is no remembrance of former things; neither shall there be any remembrance of things that are to come with those that shall come after.

Ecc 3:14-17 KJV
(14) I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him.
(15) That which hath been is now; and that which is to be hath already been; and God requireth that which is past.
(16) And moreover I saw under the sun the place of judgment, that wickedness was there; and the place of righteousness, that iniquity was there.
(17) I said in mine heart, God shall judge the righteous and the wicked: for there is a time there for every purpose and for every work.



If you by chance and there is a good one have not explored some of the other pages concerning hurricane Katrina and role reversals of the nations perhaps some interests may be found there. Something that came to mind as this was being completed is in the fundamental fact that we are dealing with patterns in world history which the Bible clearly calls for . For believers the coincidence factor does not exist.

Now if you please stay tuned for a journey or an attempted summary to the connections shown in scripture between Daniel and the NT. 

Thanks for sharing a word
God Bless






 
Print

No comments: