Welcome to the World of Biblical Prophecy for History and Today

This Blog is intended to help myself and others gain the best understanding of the world around us through exploration of prophetic scripture. The Bible is the text book. Through these studies we will hopefully provide understanding to both believer and unbeliever alike. The way our God and our Savior Jesus distinguish themselves in the spiritual world is through prophetic means. In other words what the Bible teaches us through fullfillment of these prophecies shows us the truth. Let's take some prophetic journeys through history and at the same time learn about the world around us today. Please try and be patient with any typographical errors as I am my own typist and my own research staff. Thanks



Friday, December 15, 2017

The Man In the Myrtle Trees part 3

The Man in the Myrtle Trees Part 3
Zechariah1:7-17
Isaiah 55:8-13



A Vision of a Horseman

Zec 1:7-17 KJV  Upon the four and twentieth day of the eleventh month, which is the month Sebat, in the second year of Darius, came the word of the LORD unto Zechariah, the son of Berechiah, the son of Iddo the prophet, saying,  (8)  I saw by night, and behold a man riding upon a red horse, and he stood among the myrtle trees that were in the bottom; and behind him were there red horses, speckled, and white.  (9)  Then said I, O my lord, what are these? And the angel that talked with me said unto me, I will shew thee what these be.  (10)  And the man that stood among the myrtle trees answered and said, These are they whom the LORD hath sent to walk to and fro through the earth.  (11)  And they answered the angel of the LORD that stood among the myrtle trees, and said, We have walked to and fro through the earth, and, behold, all the earth sitteth still, and is at rest.  (12)  Then the angel of the LORD answered and said, O LORD of hosts, how long wilt thou not have mercy on Jerusalem and on the cities of Judah, against which thou hast had indignation these threescore and ten years?  (13)  And the LORD answered the angel that talked with me with good words and comfortable words.  (14)  So the angel that communed with me said unto me, Cry thou, saying, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; I am jealous for Jerusalem and for Zion with a great jealousy.  (15)  And I am very sore displeased with the heathen that are at ease: for I was but a little displeased, and they helped forward the affliction.  (16)  Therefore thus saith the LORD; I am returned to Jerusalem with mercies: my house shall be built in it, saith the LORD of hosts, and a line shall be stretched forth upon Jerusalem.  (17)  Cry yet, saying, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; My cities through prosperity shall yet be spread abroad; and the LORD shall yet comfort Zion, and shall yet choose Jerusalem.


The Compassion of the Lord

Isa 55:8-13 KJV  For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.  (9)  For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.  (10)  For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:  (11)  So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.  (12)  For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.  (13)  Instead of the thorn shall come up the fir tree, and instead of the brier shall come up the myrtle tree: and it shall be to the LORD for a name, for an everlasting sign that shall not be cut off.


Isa 55:8 KJV  For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

Teach Me Your Paths

Psa 25:1-22 KJV  A Psalm of David. Unto thee, O LORD, do I lift up my soul.  (2)  O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.  (3)  Yea, let none that wait on thee be ashamed: let them be ashamed which transgress without cause.  (4)  Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths.  (5)  Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.  (6)  Remember, O LORD, thy tender mercies and thy lovingkindnesses; for they have been ever of old.  (7)  Remember not the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions: according to thy mercy remember thou me for thy goodness' sake, O LORD.  (8)  Good and upright is the LORD: therefore will he teach sinners in the way.  (9)  The meek will he guide in judgment: and the meek will he teach his way.  (10)  All the paths of the LORD are mercy and truth unto such as keep his covenant and his testimonies.  (11)  For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great.  (12)  What man is he that feareth the LORD? him shall he teach in the way that he shall choose.  (13)  His soul shall dwell at ease; and his seed shall inherit the earth.  (14)  The secret of the LORD is with them that fear him; and he will shew them his covenant.  (15)  Mine eyes are ever toward the LORD; for he shall pluck my feet out of the net.  (16)  Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.  (17)  The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.  (18)  Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.  (19)  Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.  (20)  O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.  (21)  Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.  (22)  Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles.

My Help and My Deliverer

Psa 40:1-17 KJV  To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.  (2)  He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.  (3)  And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.  (4)  Blessed is that man that maketh the LORD his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.  (5)  Many, O LORD my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered.  (6)  Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire; mine ears hast thou opened: burnt offering and sin offering hast thou not required.  (7)  Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me,  (8)  I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.  (9)  I have preached righteousness in the great congregation: lo, I have not refrained my lips, O LORD, thou knowest.  (10)  I have not hid thy righteousness within my heart; I have declared thy faithfulness and thy salvation: I have not concealed thy lovingkindness and thy truth from the great congregation.  (11)  Withhold not thou thy tender mercies from me, O LORD: let thy lovingkindness and thy truth continually preserve me.  (12)  For innumerable evils have compassed me about: mine iniquities have taken hold upon me, so that I am not able to look up; they are more than the hairs of mine head: therefore my heart faileth me.  (13)  Be pleased, O LORD, to deliver me: O LORD, make haste to help me.  (14)  Let them be ashamed and confounded together that seek after my soul to destroy it; let them be driven backward and put to shame that wish me evil.  (15)  Let them be desolate for a reward of their shame that say unto me, Aha, aha.  (16)  Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: let such as love thy salvation say continually, The LORD be magnified.  (17)  But I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinketh upon me: thou art my help and my deliverer; make no tarrying, O my God.

A Living Sacrifice

Rom 12:1-2 KJV  I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.  (2)  And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.


We have been exploring the identity of the man in the myrtle trees. Oddly enough our next passage lands us at the Feast of Tabernacles or Booths. We explored earlier on in the journey that the myrtle tree was mentioned as being a part of the booths constructed.

Jesus at the Feast of Booths

Joh 7:1-24 KJV  After these things Jesus walked in Galilee: for he would not walk in Jewry, because the Jews sought to kill him.  (2)  Now the Jews' feast of tabernacles was at hand.  (3)  His brethren therefore said unto him, Depart hence, and go into Judaea, that thy disciples also may see the works that thou doest.  (4)  For there is no man that doeth any thing in secret, and he himself seeketh to be known openly. If thou do these things, shew thyself to the world.  (5)  For neither did his brethren believe in him. (6)  Then Jesus said unto them, My time is not yet come: but your time is alway ready.  (7)  The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil.  (8)  Go ye up unto this feast: I go not up yet unto this feast; for my time is not yet full come. (9)  When he had said these words unto them, he abode still in Galilee.  (10)  But when his brethren were gone up, then went he also up unto the feast, not openly, but as it were in secret.  (11)  Then the Jews sought him at the feast, and said, Where is he?  (12)  And there was much murmuring among the people concerning him: for some said, He is a good man: others said, Nay; but he deceiveth the people.  (13)  Howbeit no man spake openly of him for fear of the Jews.  (14)  Now about the midst of the feast Jesus went up into the temple, and taught.  (15)  And the Jews marvelled, saying, How knoweth this man letters, having never learned?  (16)  Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.  (17)  If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.  (18)  He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him.  (19)  Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law? Why go ye about to kill me?  (20)  The people answered and said, Thou hast a devil: who goeth about to kill thee?  (21)  Jesus answered and said unto them, I have done one work, and ye all marvel.  (22)  Moses therefore gave unto you circumcision; (not because it is of Moses, but of the fathers;) and ye on the sabbath day circumcise a man.  (23)  If a man on the sabbath day receive circumcision, that the law of Moses should not be broken; are ye angry at me, because I have made a man every whit whole on the sabbath day?  (24)  Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.


This is a passage that also is used by some concerning a mid tribulation rapture. We are not going in that direction at this time. We will be visiting the subject when the time comes to revisit the rapture then and now studies. Folks we are not biased there just are not enough fingers to go in every direction with our journeys.

Isa 55:9  For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. 

How Precious Is Your Steadfast Love

Psa 36:1-12 KJV  To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David the servant of the LORD. The transgression of the wicked saith within my heart, that there is no fear of God before his eyes.  (2)  For he flattereth himself in his own eyes, until his iniquity be found to be hateful.  (3)  The words of his mouth are iniquity and deceit: he hath left off to be wise, and to do good.  (4)  He deviseth mischief upon his bed; he setteth himself in a way that is not good; he abhorreth not evil.  (5)  Thy mercy, O LORD, is in the heavens; and thy faithfulness reacheth unto the clouds.  (6)  Thy righteousness is like the great mountains; thy judgments are a great deep: O LORD, thou preservest man and beast.  (7)  How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings.  (8)  They shall be abundantly satisfied with the fatness of thy house; and thou shalt make them drink of the river of thy pleasures.  (9)  For with thee is the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light.  (10)  O continue thy lovingkindness unto them that know thee; and thy righteousness to the upright in heart.  (11)  Let not the foot of pride come against me, and let not the hand of the wicked remove me.  (12)  There are the workers of iniquity fallen: they are cast down, and shall not be able to rise.

Let Your Glory Be over All the Earth

Psa 57:1-11 KJV  To the chief Musician, Altaschith, Michtam of David, when he fled from Saul in the cave. Be merciful unto me, O God, be merciful unto me: for my soul trusteth in thee: yea, in the shadow of thy wings will I make my refuge, until these calamities be overpast.  (2)  I will cry unto God most high; unto God that performeth all things for me.  (3)  He shall send from heaven, and save me from the reproach of him that would swallow me up. Selah. God shall send forth his mercy and his truth.  (4)  My soul is among lions: and I lie even among them that are set on fire, even the sons of men, whose teeth are spears and arrows, and their tongue a sharp sword.  (5)  Be thou exalted, O God, above the heavens; let thy glory be above all the earth.  (6)  They have prepared a net for my steps; my soul is bowed down: they have digged a pit before me, into the midst whereof they are fallen themselves. Selah.  (7)  My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed: I will sing and give praise.  (8)  Awake up, my glory; awake, psaltery and harp: I myself will awake early.  (9)  I will praise thee, O Lord, among the people: I will sing unto thee among the nations.  (10)  For thy mercy is great unto the heavens, and thy truth unto the clouds.  (11)  Be thou exalted, O God, above the heavens: let thy glory be above all the earth.

Come to Me, and I Will Give You Rest

Mat 11:25-30 KJV  At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes. (26)  Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight.  (27)  All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.  (28)  Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  (29)  Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.  (30)  For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.


The Mystery of Israel's Salvation

Rom 11:25-36 KJV  For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.  (26)  And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:  (27)  For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.  (28)  As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.  (29)  For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.  (30)  For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief:  (31)  Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.  (32)  For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.  (33)  O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!  (34)  For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor?  (35)  Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again?  (36)  For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.

We will slow down for a few moments to reflect on a few things. In our journeys pertaining to the myrtle tree in scripture thus far we have our root study in Zechariah 1:7-17. It tells us about a man upon a red horse standing among the myrtle trees. In exploring the subject of who this man is we began at what we feel is a logical starting point. That point being what does scripture tell us about the myrtle tree. Believe us please we are not focusing here alone. Again we only type so fast around here.

We discovered a passage from Isaiah 41. That passage pertains to the Lord being with us. It focused heavily in the chapters few verses upon the subject of idolatry. That led us here to Isaiah 55 which consists of what none other than the Lord’s compassion. In both cases there is only 1 individual that meets these standards. That being our Lord, Savior and King; Jesus. We also gain some understanding that we cannot save ourselves. God’s ways are not ours.

Isa 55:10 KJV  For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:

Deu 32:1-12 KJV  Give ear, O ye heavens, and I will speak; and hear, O earth, the words of my mouth.  (2)  My doctrine shall drop as the rain, my speech shall distil as the dew, as the small rain upon the tender herb, and as the showers upon the grass:  (3)  Because I will publish the name of the LORD: ascribe ye greatness unto our God.  (4)  He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.  (5)  They have corrupted themselves, their spot is not the spot of his children: they are a perverse and crooked generation.  (6)  Do ye thus requite the LORD, O foolish people and unwise? is not he thy father that hath bought thee? hath he not made thee, and established thee?  (7)  Remember the days of old, consider the years of many generations: ask thy father, and he will shew thee; thy elders, and they will tell thee.  (8)  When the most High divided to the nations their inheritance, when he separated the sons of Adam, he set the bounds of the people according to the number of the children of Israel.  (9)  For the LORD'S portion is his people; Jacob is the lot of his inheritance.  (10)  He found him in a desert land, and in the waste howling wilderness; he led him about, he instructed him, he kept him as the apple of his eye.  (11)  As an eagle stirreth up her nest, fluttereth over her young, spreadeth abroad her wings, taketh them, beareth them on her wings:  (12)  So the LORD alone did lead him, and there was no strange god with him.

Give the King Your Justice

Psa 72:1-20 KJV  A Psalm for Solomon. Give the king thy judgments, O God, and thy righteousness unto the king's son.  (2)  He shall judge thy people with righteousness, and thy poor with judgment.  (3)  The mountains shall bring peace to the people, and the little hills, by righteousness.  (4)  He shall judge the poor of the people, he shall save the children of the needy, and shall break in pieces the oppressor.  (5)  They shall fear thee as long as the sun and moon endure, throughout all generations.  (6)  He shall come down like rain upon the mown grass: as showers that water the earth.  (7)  In his days shall the righteous flourish; and abundance of peace so long as the moon endureth.  (8)  He shall have dominion also from sea to sea, and from the river unto the ends of the earth.  (9)  They that dwell in the wilderness shall bow before him; and his enemies shall lick the dust.  (10)  The kings of Tarshish and of the isles shall bring presents: the kings of Sheba and Seba shall offer gifts.  (11)  Yea, all kings shall fall down before him: all nations shall serve him.  (12)  For he shall deliver the needy when he crieth; the poor also, and him that hath no helper.  (13)  He shall spare the poor and needy, and shall save the souls of the needy.  (14)  He shall redeem their soul from deceit and violence: and precious shall their blood be in his sight.  (15)  And he shall live, and to him shall be given of the gold of Sheba: prayer also shall be made for him continually; and daily shall he be praised.  (16)  There shall be an handful of corn in the earth upon the top of the mountains; the fruit thereof shall shake like Lebanon: and they of the city shall flourish like grass of the earth.  (17)  His name shall endure for ever: his name shall be continued as long as the sun: and men shall be blessed in him: all nations shall call him blessed.  (18)  Blessed be the LORD God, the God of Israel, who only doeth wondrous things.  (19)  And blessed be his glorious name for ever: and let the whole earth be filled with his glory; Amen, and Amen.  (20)  The prayers of David the son of Jesse are ended.

Isa 55:11 KJV  So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

One chapter prior to this one we have a chapter with the following information.

The Eternal Covenant of Peace

Isa 54:1-3 KJV  Sing, O barren, thou that didst not bear; break forth into singing, and cry aloud, thou that didst not travail with child: for more are the children of the desolate than the children of the married wife, saith the LORD.  (2)  Enlarge the place of thy tent, and let them stretch forth the curtains of thine habitations: spare not, lengthen thy cords, and strengthen thy stakes;  (3)  For thou shalt break forth on the right hand and on the left; and thy seed shall inherit the Gentiles, and make the desolate cities to be inhabited.


Noah's Descendants


Gen 9:18-29 KJV  And the sons of Noah, that went forth of the ark, were Shem, and Ham, and Japheth: and Ham is the father of Canaan.  (19)  These are the three sons of Noah: and of them was the whole earth overspread.  (20)  And Noah began to be an husbandman, and he planted a vineyard:  (21)  And he drank of the wine, and was drunken; and he was uncovered within his tent.  (22)  And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father, and told his two brethren without.  (23)  And Shem and Japheth took a garment, and laid it upon both their shoulders, and went backward, and covered the nakedness of their father; and their faces were backward, and they saw not their father's nakedness.  (24)  And Noah awoke from his wine, and knew what his younger son had done unto him.  (25)  And he said, Cursed be Canaan; a servant of servants shall he be unto his brethren.  (26)  And he said, Blessed be the LORD God of Shem; and Canaan shall be his servant.  (27)  God shall enlarge Japheth, and he shall dwell in the tents of Shem; and Canaan shall be his servant.  (28)  And Noah lived after the flood three hundred and fifty years.  (29)  And all the days of Noah were nine hundred and fifty years: and he died.

Now a quick reminder once again about what we are doing and where we are going eventually. Let’s review some more below

Zechariah 1:7-17-A Vision of a Horseman among the myrtle trees-We therefore begin looking as we have said before at the myrtle tree and a little later a connection to the horsemen of the apocalypse.

Isaiah 41- Fear Not, for I Am with You- The only possible scriptural fulfillment being the Lord, Savior and King Jesus. Amen!!

Isaiah 55- The Compassion of the Lord- Again when we are dealing with compasson of the Lord there is also only 1 possible fulfillment and that again being the Lord, Savior and King Jesus. Amen!!

In all 3 passages to this point we are talking about 1 focal point. That focal point being our Lord, King and Savior Jesus.

Jesus Calls Matthew

Mat 9:9-13 KJV  And as Jesus passed forth from thence, he saw a man, named Matthew, sitting at the receipt of custom: and he saith unto him, Follow me. And he arose, and followed him.  (10)  And it came to pass, as Jesus sat at meat in the house, behold, many publicans and sinners came and sat down with him and his disciples.  (11)  And when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto his disciples, Why eateth your Master with publicans and sinners?  (12)  But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick.  (13)  But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. 

Let’s study the word compassion as we find it used in the NT. In a search of the Gospels the following is what we find.

14 verses found, 14 matches
Matthew 6 verses found 6 matches
Mark 5 verses found 5 matches
Luke 3 verses found 3 matches

Of the 14 matches found here in the Gospels we find that Jesus has a total of 7. How appropriate in some ways. There are however 2 different words used for the word compassion as Jesus spoke the word.

There are only 2 different words that are used.

The Harvest Is Plentiful, the Laborers Few

Mat 9:35-38 KJV  And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people.  (36)  But when he saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassionG4697on them, because they fainted, and were scattered abroad, as sheep having no shepherd.  (37)  Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few;  (38)  Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.

G4697
σπλαγχνίζομαι
splagchnizomai
splangkh-nid'-zom-ahee
Middle voice from G4698; to have the bowels yearn, that is, (figuratively) feel sympathy, to pity: - have (be moved with) compassion.
Total KJV occurrences: 12


G4697
σπλαγχνίζομαι
splagchnizomai
Thayer Definition:
1) to be moved as to one’s bowels, hence to be moved with compassion, have compassion (for the bowels were thought to be the seat of love and pity)
Part of Speech: verb
A Related Word by Thayer’s/Strong’s Number: middle voice from G4698
Citing in TDNT: 7:548, 1067


Jesus Feeds the Five Thousand

Mat 14:13-21 KJV  When Jesus heard of it, he departed thence by ship into a desert place apart: and when the people had heard thereof, they followed him on foot out of the cities.  (14)  And Jesus went forth, and saw a great multitude, and was moved with compassionG4697 toward them, and he healed their sick.  (15)  And when it was evening, his disciples came to him, saying, This is a desert place, and the time is now past; send the multitude away, that they may go into the villages, and buy themselves victuals. (16)  But Jesus said unto them, They need not depart; give ye them to eat.  (17)  And they say unto him, We have here but five loaves, and two fishes.  (18)  He said, Bring them hither to me.  (19)  And he commanded the multitude to sit down on the grass, and took the five loaves, and the two fishes, and looking up to heaven, he blessed, and brake, and gave the loaves to his disciples, and the disciples to the multitude.  (20)  And they did all eat, and were filled: and they took up of the fragments that remained twelve baskets full.  (21)  And they that had eaten were about five thousand men, beside women and children.


The Parable of the Unforgiving Servant

Mat 18:21-35 KJV  Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?  (22)  Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.  (23)  Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would take account of his servants.  (24)  And when he had begun to reckon, one was brought unto him, which owed him ten thousand talents.  (25)  But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife, and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made.  (26)  The servant therefore fell down, and worshipped him, saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.  (27)  TG4hen the lord of that servant was moved with compassion4697, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt.  (28)  But the same servant went out, and found one of his fellowservants, which owed him an hundred pence: and he laid hands on him, and took him by the throat, saying, Pay me that thou owest.  (29)  And his fellowservant fell down at his feet, and besought him, saying, Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.  (30)  And he would not: but went and cast him into prison, till he should pay the debt.  (31)  So when his fellowservants saw what was done, they were very sorry, and came and told unto their lord all that was done.  (32)  Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me:  (33)  Shouldest not thou also have had compassionG1653 on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee?  (34)  And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him.  (35)  So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.


1653
ἐλεέω
eleeō
el-eh-eh'-o
From G1656; to compassionate (by word or deed, specifically by divine grace): - have compassion (pity on), have (obtain, receive, shew) mercy (on).
Total KJV occurrences: 31

Note something very different about this word used for compassion? It is a compassion demonstrated in the sense of divine grace specifically. That means what? Just 1 thing JESUS!!

Isa 55:12  For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands. 

The Triumphal Entry

Luk 19:28-40 KJV  And when he had thus spoken, he went before, ascending up to Jerusalem.  (29)  And it came to pass, when he was come nigh to Bethphage and Bethany, at the mount called the mount of Olives, he sent two of his disciples,  (30)  Saying, Go ye into the village over against you; in the which at your entering ye shall find a colt tied, whereon yet never man sat: loose him, and bring him hither (31)  And if any man ask you, Why do ye loose him? thus shall ye say unto him, Because the Lord hath need of him. (32)  And they that were sent went their way, and found even as he had said unto them.  (33)  And as they were loosing the colt, the owners thereof said unto them, Why loose ye the colt?  (34)  And they said, The Lord hath need of him.  (35)  And they brought him to Jesus: and they cast their garments upon the colt, and they set Jesus thereon.  (36)  And as he went, they spread their clothes in the way.  (37)  And when he was come nigh, even now at the descent of the mount of Olives, the whole multitude of the disciples began to rejoice and praise God with a loud voice for all the mighty works that they had seen;  (38)  Saying, Blessed be the King that cometh in the name of the Lord: peace in heaven, and glory in the highest.  (39)  And some of the Pharisees from among the multitude said unto him, Master, rebuke thy disciples. (40)  And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out.


The Lord Promises Peace

Jer 33:1-13 KJV  Moreover the word of the LORD came unto Jeremiah the second time, while he was yet shut up in the court of the prison, saying,  (2)  Thus saith the LORD the maker thereof, the LORD that formed it, to establish it; the LORD is his name;  (3)  Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.  (4)  For thus saith the LORD, the God of Israel, concerning the houses of this city, and concerning the houses of the kings of Judah, which are thrown down by the mounts, and by the sword;  (5)  They come to fight with the Chaldeans, but it is to fill them with the dead bodies of men, whom I have slain in mine anger and in my fury, and for all whose wickedness I have hid my face from this city.  (6)  Behold, I will bring it health and cure, and I will cure them, and will reveal unto them the abundance of peace and truth.  (7)  And I will cause the captivity of Judah and the captivity of Israel to return, and will build them, as at the first.  (8)  And I will cleanse them from all their iniquity, whereby they have sinned against me; and I will pardon all their iniquities, whereby they have sinned, and whereby they have transgressed against me.(9)  And it shall be to me a name of joy, a praise and an honour before all the nations of the earth, which shall hear all the good that I do unto them: and they shall fear and tremble for all the goodness and for all the prosperity that I procure unto it.  (10)  Thus saith the LORD; Again there shall be heard in this place, which ye say shall be desolate without man and without beast, even in the cities of Judah, and in the streets of Jerusalem, that are desolate, without man, and without inhabitant, and without beast,  (11)  The voice of joy, and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom, and the voice of the bride, the voice of them that shall say, Praise the LORD of hosts: for the LORD is good; for his mercy endureth for ever: and of them that shall bring the sacrifice of praise into the house of the LORD. For I will cause to return the captivity of the land, as at the first, saith the LORD.  (12)  Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Again in this place, which is desolate without man and without beast, and in all the cities thereof, shall be an habitation of shepherds causing their flocks to lie down.  (13)  In the cities of the mountains, in the cities of the vale, and in the cities of the south, and in the land of Benjamin, and in the places about Jerusalem, and in the cities of Judah, shall the flocks pass again under the hands of him that telleth them, saith the LORD.

Before we close out this section of our journey we would like to mention some other things concerning the myrtle tree besides its use in the Feast of Tabernacles.

According to the Jewish Encyclopedia we obtain the following bits of information. That at times the myrtle was used as a substitute for incense. This is interesting because Jesus is our substitute offering in every way imaginable.

Also it is said that during the Sabbath the fire of Hell ceases until the end of the Sabbath. Then the pleasing odor of the myrtle is used to overcome the odor of the fire once it resumes. That’s pretty interesting because Jesus does the exact same things with us sinners. More importantly Jesus not only keeps the stench of hell away from us but more importantly the flames.

This concludes our journeys concerning the myrtle tree in scripture and where it leads us in prophetic fulfillment. However we are not through with the man in the myrtle trees yet

Isa 55:13 KJV  Instead of the thorn shall come up the fir tree, and instead of the brier shall come up the myrtle tree: and it shall be to the LORD for a name, for an everlasting sign that shall not be cut off.

As always thanks for sharing a word
God Bless

 































Print

No comments: