Welcome to the World of Biblical Prophecy for History and Today

This Blog is intended to help myself and others gain the best understanding of the world around us through exploration of prophetic scripture. The Bible is the text book. Through these studies we will hopefully provide understanding to both believer and unbeliever alike. The way our God and our Savior Jesus distinguish themselves in the spiritual world is through prophetic means. In other words what the Bible teaches us through fullfillment of these prophecies shows us the truth. Let's take some prophetic journeys through history and at the same time learn about the world around us today. Please try and be patient with any typographical errors as I am my own typist and my own research staff. Thanks



Monday, April 13, 2020

Zechariah Zone 2:8-9 The Book of Jeremiah

Zechariah Zone 2:8-9
The Book of Jeremiah


Regarding Babylon


Mat 13:47-58 KJV  Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a net, that was cast into the sea, and gathered of every kind:  (48)  Which, when it was full, they drew to shore, and sat down, and gathered the good into vessels, but cast the bad away.  (49)  So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,  (50)  And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.  (51)  Jesus saith unto them, Have ye understood all these things? They say unto him, Yea, Lord.  (52)  Then said he unto them, Therefore every scribe which is instructed unto the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which bringeth forth out of his treasure things new and old.  (53)  And it came to pass, that when Jesus had finished these parables, he departed thence.  (54)  And when he was come into his own country, he taught them in their synagogue, insomuch that they were astonished, and said, Whence hath this man this wisdom, and these mighty works?  (55)  Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?  (56)  And his sisters, are they not all with us? Whence then hath this man all these things?  (57)  And they were offended in him. But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, save in his own country, and in his own house.  (58)  And he did not many mighty works there because of their unbelief.


Mar 6:1-11 KJV  And he went out from thence, and came into his own country; and his disciples follow him.  (2)  And when the sabbath day was come, he began to teach in the synagogue: and many hearing him were astonished, saying, From whence hath this man these things? and what wisdom is this which is given unto him, that even such mighty works are wrought by his hands?  (3)  Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him.  (4)  But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house.  (5)  And he could there do no mighty work, save that he laid his hands upon a few sick folk, and healed them.  (6)  And he marvelled because of their unbelief. And he went round about the villages, teaching.  (7)  And he called unto him the twelve, and began to send them forth by two and two; and gave them power over unclean spirits;  (8)  And commanded them that they should take nothing for their journey, save a staff only; no scrip, no bread, no money in their purse:  (9)  But be shod with sandals; and not put on two coats.  (10)  And he said unto them, In what place soever ye enter into an house, there abide till ye depart from that place.  (11)  And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.

Well friends we have moved forward into another prophet with regards to Zechariah 2:8-9 and the Babylonian empire. We will try our best to explore every passage pertaining to Babylon here in Jeremiah. The reason being that there are 149 verses which total 169 times the word is found here in Jeremiah. 


However we will explore some passages that relate to the entire saga of Israel such as the reasoning and the time frame of exile. The heavy prophecies that come for the destruction of Babylon as well. For those who may want to know we believe it was the Daniel studies we developed those subjects.

To get back to what we are doing for example the earlier mentioning in Jeremiah pertains to judgment and exile. We will explore some of the more pertinent passages on these matters. At least that’s what we hope to do. Amen!

We are not doing Jeremiah chapter by chapter at this time so we will not fully develop his history now. We will say however he was not happy with the message he was given concerning Jerusalem. Neither was anyone else happy with the message God sent through him. If you are a student or a minister of prophecy(or both) and you discuss certain things among peers or friends some times you might get funny looks. 

Especially if you are discussing the judgment coming to America or being here already. No one likes to face the fact that their nation or even themselves has contributed to the Lord’s suffering. In America of course we have a multitude of judgments coming such as 50 million babies being aborted. Then we have all those little personal trials we undergo. Let’s face it folks sometimes we do fail. That’s why we have a Savior. Amen!

Well any how let’s just say that Jeremiah was not popular with anyone in the land. Remember what Jesus said to us.

Mat 13:57 KJV  And they were offended in him. But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, save in his own country, and in his own house.

Mar 6:4 KJV  But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house.


Zec 2:7-9 KJV  Deliver thyself, O Zion, that dwellest with the daughter of Babylon.  (8)  For thus saith the LORD of hosts; After the glory hath he sent me unto the nations which spoiled you: for he that toucheth you toucheth the apple of his eye.  (9)  For, behold, I will shake mine hand upon them, and they shall be a spoil to their servants: and ye shall know that the LORD of hosts hath sent me.


Jer 20:1-18 KJV  Now Pashur the son of Immer the priest, who was also chief governor in the house of the LORD, heard that Jeremiah prophesied these things.  (2)  Then Pashur smote Jeremiah the prophet, and put him in the stocks that were in the high gate of Benjamin, which was by the house of the LORD.  (3)  And it came to pass on the morrow, that Pashur brought forth Jeremiah out of the stocks. Then said Jeremiah unto him, The LORD hath not called thy name Pashur, but Magormissabib.  (4)  For thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will make thee a terror to thyself, and to all thy friends: and they shall fall by the sword of their enemies, and thine eyes shall behold it: and I will give all Judah into the hand of the king of Babylon, and he shall carry them captive into Babylon, and shall slay them with the sword.  (5)  Moreover I will deliver all the strength of this city, and all the labours thereof, and all the precious things thereof, and all the treasures of the kings of Judah will I give into the hand of their enemies, which shall spoil them, and take them, and carry them to Babylon.  (6)  And thou, Pashur, and all that dwell in thine house shall go into captivity: and thou shalt come to Babylon, and there thou shalt die, and shalt be buried there, thou, and all thy friends, to whom thou hast prophesied lies.  (7)  O LORD, thou hast deceived me, and I was deceived: thou art stronger than I, and hast prevailed: I am in derision daily, every one mocketh me.  (8)  For since I spake, I cried out, I cried violence and spoil; because the word of the LORD was made a reproach unto me, and a derision, daily.  (9)  Then I said, I will not make mention of him, nor speak any more in his name. But his word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay.  (10)  For I heard the defaming of many, fear on every side. Report, say they, and we will report it. All my familiars watched for my halting, saying, Peradventure he will be enticed, and we shall prevail against him, and we shall take our revenge on him.  (11)  But the LORD is with me as a mighty terrible one: therefore my persecutors shall stumble, and they shall not prevail: they shall be greatly ashamed; for they shall not prosper: their everlasting confusion shall never be forgotten.  (12)  But, O LORD of hosts, that triest the righteous, and seest the reins and the heart, let me see thy vengeance on them: for unto thee have I opened my cause.  (13)  Sing unto the LORD, praise ye the LORD: for he hath delivered the soul of the poor from the hand of evildoers.  (14)  Cursed be the day wherein I was born: let not the day wherein my mother bare me be blessed.  (15)  Cursed be the man who brought tidings to my father, saying, A man child is born unto thee; making him very glad.  (16)  And let that man be as the cities which the LORD overthrew, and repented not: and let him hear the cry in the morning, and the shouting at noontide;  (17)  Because he slew me not from the womb; or that my mother might have been my grave, and her womb to be always great with me.  (18)  Wherefore came I forth out of the womb to see labour and sorrow, that my days should be consumed with shame?

Jer 20:1-2 KJV  Now Pashur the son of Immer the priest, who was also chief governor in the house of the LORD, heard that Jeremiah prophesied these things.  (2)  Then Pashur smote Jeremiah the prophet, and put him in the stocks that were in the high gate of Benjamin, which was by the house of the LORD.


This verse tells us he was a son of a priest named Immer. Below is a word from the Lord to Jeremiah that seemed disturbing to the people of Judah for sure. As we closed out our looks into Isaiah we noted a few subjects certainly not all. The 3 we noted remembrance, deliverance and judgment. This chapter is all about judgment not on Babylon however. The false worship habits of not only Israel but Judah and Jerusalem as well are what angers the Lord.

Jer 19:1-9 KJV  Thus saith the LORD, Go and get a potter's earthen bottle, and take of the ancients of the people, and of the ancients of the priests;  (2)  And go forth unto the valley of the son of Hinnom, which is by the entry of the east gate, and proclaim there the words that I shall tell thee,  (3)  And say, Hear ye the word of the LORD, O kings of Judah, and inhabitants of Jerusalem; Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Behold, I will bring evil upon this place, the which whosoever heareth, his ears shall tingle.  (4)  Because they have forsaken me, and have estranged this place, and have burned incense in it unto other gods, whom neither they nor their fathers have known, nor the kings of Judah, and have filled this place with the blood of innocents;  (5)  They have built also the high places of Baal, to burn their sons with fire for burnt offerings unto Baal, which I commanded not, nor spake it, neither came it into my mind:  (6)  Therefore, behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that this place shall no more be called Tophet, nor The valley of the son of Hinnom, but The valley of slaughter.  (7)  And I will make void the counsel of Judah and Jerusalem in this place; and I will cause them to fall by the sword before their enemies, and by the hands of them that seek their lives: and their carcases will I give to be meat for the fowls of the heaven, and for the beasts of the earth.  (8)  And I will make this city desolate, and an hissing; every one that passeth thereby shall be astonished and hiss because of all the plagues thereof.  (9)  And I will cause them to eat the flesh of their sons and the flesh of their daughters, and they shall eat every one the flesh of his friend in the siege and straitness, wherewith their enemies, and they that seek their lives, shall straiten them.

Pashur
Release.
(1.) The son of Immer (probably the same as Amariah, Neh_10:3; Neh_12:2), the head of one of the priestly courses, was “chief governor [Heb. paqid nagid, meaning “deputy governor”] of the temple” (Jer_20:1, Jer_20:2). At this time the nagid, or “governor,” of the temple was Seraiah the high priest (1Ch_6:14), and Pashur was his paqid, or “deputy.” Enraged at the plainness with which Jeremiah uttered his solemn warnings of coming judgments, because of the abounding iniquity of the times, Pashur ordered the temple police to seize him, and after inflicting on him corporal punishment (forty stripes save one, Deu_25:3; compare 2Co_11:24), to put him in the stocks in the high gate of Benjamin, where he remained all night. On being set free in the morning, Jeremiah went to Pashur (Jer_20:3, Jer_20:5), and announced to him that God had changed his name to Magor-missabib, i.e., “terror on every side.” The punishment that fell upon him was probably remorse, when he saw the ruin he had brought upon his country by advising a close alliance with Egypt in opposition to the counsels of Jeremiah (Jer_20:4-6). He was carried captive to Babylon, and died there.

So we see that Pashur does have a degree of influence to wield. 

Jer 20:3-6 KJV  And it came to pass on the morrow, that Pashur brought forth Jeremiah out of the stocks. Then said Jeremiah unto him, The LORD hath not called thy name Pashur, but Magormissabib.  (4)  For thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will make thee a terror to thyself, and to all thy friends: and they shall fall by the sword of their enemies, and thine eyes shall behold it: and I will give all Judah into the hand of the king of Babylon, and he shall carry them captive into Babylon, and shall slay them with the sword.  (5)  Moreover I will deliver all the strength of this city, and all the labours thereof, and all the precious things thereof, and all the treasures of the kings of Judah will I give into the hand of their enemies, which shall spoil them, and take them, and carry them to Babylon.  (6)  And thou, Pashur, and all that dwell in thine house shall go into captivity: and thou shalt come to Babylon, and there thou shalt die, and shalt be buried there, thou, and all thy friends, to whom thou hast prophesied lies.

Jer 20:3 KJV  And it came to pass on the morrow, that Pashur brought forth Jeremiah out of the stocks. Then said Jeremiah unto him, The LORD hath not called thy name Pashur, but MagormissabibH4036.

H4036
מָגוֹר מִסָּבִיב
mâgôr missâbı̂yb
maw-gore' mis-saw-beeb'
From H4032 and H5439 with the preposition inserted; affright from around; Magor-mis-Sabib, a symbolical name of Pashur: - Magor-missabib.

Total KJV occurrences: 1


We will go ahead and include then Brown Driver Briggs definition as well on this one.

Jer 20:4-6 KJV  For thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will make thee a terror to thyself, and to all thy friends: and they shall fall by the sword of their enemies, and thine eyes shall behold it: and I will give all Judah into the hand of the king of Babylon, and he shall carry them captive into Babylon, and shall slay them with the sword.  (5)  Moreover I will deliver all the strength of this city, and all the labours thereof, and all the precious things thereof, and all the treasures of the kings of Judah will I give into the hand of their enemies, which shall spoil them, and take them, and carry them to Babylon.  (6)  And thou, Pashur, and all that dwell in thine house shall go into captivity: and thou shalt come to Babylon, and there thou shalt die, and shalt be buried there, thou, and all thy friends, to whom thou hast prophesied lies.



Jer 20:7-10 KJV  O LORD, thou hast deceived me, and I was deceived: thou art stronger than I, and hast prevailed: I am in derision daily, every one mocketh me.  (8)  For since I spake, I cried out, I cried violence and spoil; because the word of the LORD was made a reproach unto me, and a derision, daily.  (9)  Then I said, I will not make mention of him, nor speak any more in his name. But his word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay.  (10)  For I heard the defaming of many, fear on every side. Report, say they, and we will report it. All my familiars watched for my halting, saying, Peradventure he will be enticed, and we shall prevail against him, and we shall take our revenge on him.

Jer 20:7 KJV  O LORD, thou hast deceived me, and I was deceived: thou art stronger than I, and hast prevailed: I am in derision daily, every one mocketh me.


Jer 1:1-10 KJV  The words of Jeremiah the son of Hilkiah, of the priests that were in Anathoth in the land of Benjamin:  (2)  To whom the word of the LORD came in the days of Josiah the son of Amon king of Judah, in the thirteenth year of his reign.  (3)  It came also in the days of Jehoiakim the son of Josiah king of Judah, unto the end of the eleventh year of Zedekiah the son of Josiah king of Judah, unto the carrying away of Jerusalem captive in the fifth month.  (4)  Then the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,  (5)  Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.  (6)  Then said I, Ah, Lord GOD! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child.  (7)  But the LORD said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak.  (8)  Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the LORD.  (9)  Then the LORD put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the LORD said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth.  (10)  See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and to plant.
Jer 20:8 KJV  For since I spake, I cried out, I cried violence and spoil; because the word of the LORD was made a reproach unto me, and a derision, daily. 

Jer 4:19-22 KJV  My bowels, my bowels! I am pained at my very heart; my heart maketh a noise in me; I cannot hold my peace, because thou hast heard, O my soul, the sound of the trumpet, the alarm of war.  (20)  Destruction upon destruction is cried; for the whole land is spoiled: suddenly are my tents spoiled, and my curtains in a moment.  (21)  How long shall I see the standard, and hear the sound of the trumpet?  (22)  For my people is foolish, they have not known me; they are sottish children, and they have none understanding: they are wise to do evil, but to do good they have no knowledge.

Jer 5:1-2 KJV  Run ye to and fro through the streets of Jerusalem, and see now, and know, and seek in the broad places thereof, if ye can find a man, if there be any that executeth judgment, that seeketh the truth; and I will pardon it.  (2)  And though they say, The LORD liveth; surely they swear falsely.

When we read some of the things God was laying out through Jeremiah we see why he was not too popular. However like we said above no one really likes to hear what they are doing wrong with God. Whether it be on a national level or personal. Let’s explore what God said using Jeremiah. 

Jer 5:15-18 KJV  Lo, I will bring a nation upon you from far, O house of Israel, saith the LORD: it is a mighty nation, it is an ancient nation, a nation whose language thou knowest not, neither understandest what they say.  (16)  Their quiver is as an open sepulchre, they are all mighty men.  (17)  And they shall eat up thine harvest, and thy bread, which thy sons and thy daughters should eat: they shall eat up thy flocks and thine herds: they shall eat up thy vines and thy fig trees: they shall impoverish thy fenced cities, wherein thou trustedst, with the sword.  (18)  Nevertheless in those days, saith the LORD, I will not make a full end with you.

Jer 6:1-8 KJV  O ye children of Benjamin, gather yourselves to flee out of the midst of Jerusalem, and blow the trumpet in Tekoa, and set up a sign of fire in Bethhaccerem: for evil appeareth out of the north, and great destruction.  (2)  I have likened the daughter of Zion to a comely and delicate woman.  (3)  The shepherds with their flocks shall come unto her; they shall pitch their tents against her round about; they shall feed every one in his place.  (4)  Prepare ye war against her; arise, and let us go up at noon. Woe unto us! for the day goeth away, for the shadows of the evening are stretched out.  (5)  Arise, and let us go by night, and let us destroy her palaces.  (6)  For thus hath the LORD of hosts said, Hew ye down trees, and cast a mount against Jerusalem: this is the city to be visited; she is wholly oppression in the midst of her.  (7)  As a fountain casteth out her waters, so she casteth out her wickedness: violence and spoil is heard in her; before me continually is grief and wounds.  (8)  Be thou instructed, O Jerusalem, lest my soul depart from thee; lest I make thee desolate, a land not inhabited.

Jer 7:8-12 KJV  Behold, ye trust in lying words, that cannot profit.  (9)  Will ye steal, murder, and commit adultery, and swear falsely, and burn incense unto Baal, and walk after other gods whom ye know not;  (10)  And come and stand before me in this house, which is called by my name, and say, We are delivered to do all these abominations?  (11)  Is this house, which is called by my name, become a den of robbers in your eyes? Behold, even I have seen it, saith the LORD.  (12)  But go ye now unto my place which was in Shiloh, where I set my name at the first, and see what I did to it for the wickedness of my people Israel.

Jer 13:12-16 KJV  Therefore thou shalt speak unto them this word; Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Every bottle shall be filled with wine: and they shall say unto thee, Do we not certainly know that every bottle shall be filled with wine?  (13)  Then shalt thou say unto them, Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will fill all the inhabitants of this land, even the kings that sit upon David's throne, and the priests, and the prophets, and all the inhabitants of Jerusalem, with drunkenness.  (14)  And I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and the sons together, saith the LORD: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them.  (15)  Hear ye, and give ear; be not proud: for the LORD hath spoken.  (16)  Give glory to the LORD your God, before he cause darkness, and before your feet stumble upon the dark mountains, and, while ye look for light, he turn it into the shadow of death, and make it gross darkness.

Well friends does any of this begin to sound like America today? 

Jer 15:1-4 KJV  Then said the LORD unto me, Though Moses and Samuel stood before me, yet my mind could not be toward this people: cast them out of my sight, and let them go forth.  (2)  And it shall come to pass, if they say unto thee, Whither shall we go forth? then thou shalt tell them, Thus saith the LORD; Such as are for death, to death; and such as are for the sword, to the sword; and such as are for the famine, to the famine; and such as are for the captivity, to the captivity.  (3)  And I will appoint over them four kinds, saith the LORD: the sword to slay, and the dogs to tear, and the fowls of the heaven, and the beasts of the earth, to devour and destroy.  (4)  And I will cause them to be removed into all kingdoms of the earth, because of Manasseh the son of Hezekiah king of Judah, for that which he did in Jerusalem.

Jer 15:13-14 KJV  Thy substance and thy treasures will I give to the spoil without price, and that for all thy sins, even in all thy borders.  (14)  And I will make thee to pass with thine enemies into a land which thou knowest not: for a fire is kindled in mine anger, which shall burn upon you.

Well friends we will stop here for now but we believe you get the picture. Just imagine how Jeremiah felt time after time warning the people and the nation. As we have already seen much to his own peril. No doubt there are many of us here in America that feel the same way about some things.

Jer 20:9-10 KJV  Then I said, I will not make mention of him, nor speak any more in his name. But his word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay.  (10)  For I heard the defaming of many, fear on every side. Report, say they, and we will report it. All my familiars watched for my halting, saying, Peradventure he will be enticed, and we shall prevail against him, and we shall take our revenge on him.

As always we should remind people that the prophets were all men who knew the scriptures. They knew that there were Psalms like the following to draw on as well as any other parts of scripture. 

Psa 64:1-10 KJV  To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. Hear my voice, O God, in my prayer: preserve my life from fear of the enemy.  (2)  Hide me from the secret counsel of the wicked; from the insurrection of the workers of iniquity:  (3)  Who whet their tongue like a sword, and bend their bows to shoot their arrows, even bitter words:  (4)  That they may shoot in secret at the perfect: suddenly do they shoot at him, and fear not.  (5)  They encourage themselves in an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, Who shall see them?  (6)  They search out iniquities; they accomplish a diligent search: both the inward thought of every one of them, and the heart, is deep.  (7)  But God shall shoot at them with an arrow; suddenly shall they be wounded.  (8)  So they shall make their own tongue to fall upon themselves: all that see them shall flee away.  (9)  And all men shall fear, and shall declare the work of God; for they shall wisely consider of his doing.  (10)  The righteous shall be glad in the LORD, and shall trust in him; and all the upright in heart shall glory.

We can always draw from the master Jesus as well. Amen!

Luk 9:57-62 KJV  And it came to pass, that, as they went in the way, a certain man said unto him, Lord, I will follow thee whithersoever thou goest.  (58)  And Jesus said unto him, Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.  (59)  And he said unto another, Follow me. But he said, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father.  (60)  Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God.  (61)  And another also said, Lord, I will follow thee; but let me first go bid them farewell, which are at home at my house.  (62)  And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.

Luk 17:26-32 KJV  And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.  (27)  They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.  (28)  Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;  (29)  But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.  (30)  Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.  (31)  In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back.  (32)  Remember Lot's wife.

Luk 20:9-16 KJV  Then began he to speak to the people this parable; A certain man planted a vineyard, and let it forth to husbandmen, and went into a far country for a long time.  (10)  And at the season he sent a servant to the husbandmen, that they should give him of the fruit of the vineyard: but the husbandmen beat him, and sent him away empty.  (11)  And again he sent another servant: and they beat him also, and entreated him shamefully, and sent him away empty.  (12)  And again he sent a third: and they wounded him also, and cast him out.  (13)  Then said the lord of the vineyard, What shall I do? I will send my beloved son: it may be they will reverence him when they see him.  (14)  But when the husbandmen saw him, they reasoned among themselves, saying, This is the heir: come, let us kill him, that the inheritance may be ours.  (15)  So they cast him out of the vineyard, and killed him. What therefore shall the lord of the vineyard do unto them?  (16)  He shall come and destroy these husbandmen, and shall give the vineyard to others. And when they heard it, they said, God forbid.

Luk 20:17-20 KJV  And he beheld them, and said, What is this then that is written, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner?  (18)  Whosoever shall fall upon that stone shall be broken; but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.  (19)  And the chief priests and the scribes the same hour sought to lay hands on him; and they feared the people: for they perceived that he had spoken this parable against them.  (20)  And they watched him, and sent forth spies, which should feign themselves just men, that they might take hold of his words, that so they might deliver him unto the power and authority of the governor.



Luk 12:49-53 KJV  I am come to send fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled?  (50)  But I have a baptism to be baptized with; and how am I straitened till it be accomplished!  (51)  Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:  (52)  For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three.  (53)  The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.


Let’s face it folks the word got you into trouble then and it teaches us we can expect it also. It also teaches us that we are the winners in the end. 

Jer 20:11 KJV  But the LORD is with me as a mighty terrible one: therefore my persecutors shall stumble, and they shall not prevail: they shall be greatly ashamed; for they shall not prosper: their everlasting confusion shall never be forgotten.

Jer 1:5-10 KJV  Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.  (6)  Then said I, Ah, Lord GOD! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child.  (7)  But the LORD said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak.  (8)  Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the LORD.  (9)  Then the LORD put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the LORD said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth.  (10)  See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and to plant.

Jer 15:20-21 KJV  And I will make thee unto this people a fenced brasen wall: and they shall fight against thee, but they shall not prevail against thee: for I am with thee to save thee and to deliver thee, saith the LORD.  (21)  And I will deliver thee out of the hand of the wicked, and I will redeem thee out of the hand of the terrible.


Psa 27:1-6 KJV  A Psalm of David. The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?  (2)  When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell.  (3)  Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident.  (4)  One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple.  (5)  For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.  (6)  And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the LORD.


Psa 27:7-14 KJV  Hear, O LORD, when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me.  (8)  When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek.  (9)  Hide not thy face far from me; put not thy servant away in anger: thou hast been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation.  (10)  When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take me up.  (11)  Teach me thy way, O LORD, and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies.  (12)  Deliver me not over unto the will of mine enemies: for false witnesses are risen up against me, and such as breathe out cruelty.  (13)  I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.  (14)  Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.

Psa 6:1-10 KJV  To the chief Musician on Neginoth upon Sheminith, A Psalm of David. O LORD, rebuke me not in thine anger, neither chasten me in thy hot displeasure.  (2)  Have mercy upon me, O LORD; for I am weak: O LORD, heal me; for my bones are vexed.  (3)  My soul is also sore vexed: but thou, O LORD, how long?  (4)  Return, O LORD, deliver my soul: oh save me for thy mercies' sake.  (5)  For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?  (6)  I am weary with my groaning; all the night make I my bed to swim; I water my couch with my tears.  (7)  Mine eye is consumed because of grief; it waxeth old because of all mine enemies.  (8)  Depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity; for the LORD hath heard the voice of my weeping.  (9)  The LORD hath heard my supplication; the LORD will receive my prayer.  (10)  Let all mine enemies be ashamed and sore vexed: let them return and be ashamed suddenly.

Jer 20:12 KJV  But, O LORD of hosts, that triest the righteous, and seest the reins and the heart, let me see thy vengeance on them: for unto thee have I opened my cause.

Jer 17:9-10 KJV  The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?  (10)  I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

Psa 11:1-7 KJV  To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. In the LORD put I my trust: how say ye to my soul, Flee as a bird to your mountain?  (2)  For, lo, the wicked bend their bow, they make ready their arrow upon the string, that they may privily shoot at the upright in heart.  (3)  If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?  (4)  The LORD is in his holy temple, the LORD'S throne is in heaven: his eyes behold, his eyelids try, the children of men.  (5)  The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.  (6)  Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone, and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.  (7)  For the righteous LORD loveth righteousness; his countenance doth behold the upright.

2Ti 2:15-19 KJV  Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.  (16)  But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.  (17)  And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus;  (18)  Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.  (19)  Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

Psa 26:1-12 KJV  A Psalm of David. Judge me, O LORD; for I have walked in mine integrity: I have trusted also in the LORD; therefore I shall not slide.  (2)  Examine me, O LORD, and prove me; try my reins and my heart.  (3)  For thy lovingkindness is before mine eyes: and I have walked in thy truth.  (4)  I have not sat with vain persons, neither will I go in with dissemblers.  (5)  I have hated the congregation of evil doers; and will not sit with the wicked.  (6)  I will wash mine hands in innocency: so will I compass thine altar, O LORD:  (7)  That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works.  (8)  LORD, I have loved the habitation of thy house, and the place where thine honour dwelleth.  (9)  Gather not my soul with sinners, nor my life with bloody men:  (10)  In whose hands is mischief, and their right hand is full of bribes.  (11)  But as for me, I will walk in mine integrity: redeem me, and be merciful unto me.  (12)  My foot standeth in an even place: in the congregations will I bless the LORD.

Psa 34:1-7 KJV  A Psalm of David, when he changed his behaviour before Abimelech; who drove him away, and he departed. I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth.  (2)  My soul shall make her boast in the LORD: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad.  (3)  O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together.  (4)  I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.  (5)  They looked unto him, and were lightened: and their faces were not ashamed.  (6)  This poor man cried, and the LORD heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles.  (7)  The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them.

Psa 35:9 KJV  And my soul shall be joyful in the LORD: it shall rejoice in his salvation.

Psa 69:30-36 KJV  I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify him with thanksgiving.  (31)  This also shall please the LORD better than an ox or bullock that hath horns and hoofs.  (32)  The humble shall see this, and be glad: and your heart shall live that seek God.  (33)  For the LORD heareth the poor, and despiseth not his prisoners.  (34)  Let the heaven and earth praise him, the seas, and every thing that moveth therein.  (35)  For God will save Zion, and will build the cities of Judah: that they may dwell there, and have it in possession.  (36)  The seed also of his servants shall inherit it: and they that love his name shall dwell therein.

Psa 72:1-6 KJV  A Psalm for Solomon. Give the king thy judgments, O God, and thy righteousness unto the king's son.  (2)  He shall judge thy people with righteousness, and thy poor with judgment.  (3)  The mountains shall bring peace to the people, and the little hills, by righteousness.  (4)  He shall judge the poor of the people, he shall save the children of the needy, and shall break in pieces the oppressor.  (5)  They shall fear thee as long as the sun and moon endure, throughout all generations.  (6)  He shall come down like rain upon the mown grass: as showers that water the earth.


Psa 72:7-14 KJV  In his days shall the righteous flourish; and abundance of peace so long as the moon endureth.  (8)  He shall have dominion also from sea to sea, and from the river unto the ends of the earth.  (9)  They that dwell in the wilderness shall bow before him; and his enemies shall lick the dust.  (10)  The kings of Tarshish and of the isles shall bring presents: the kings of Sheba and Seba shall offer gifts.  (11)  Yea, all kings shall fall down before him: all nations shall serve him.  (12)  For he shall deliver the needy when he crieth; the poor also, and him that hath no helper.  (13)  He shall spare the poor and needy, and shall save the souls of the needy.  (14)  He shall redeem their soul from deceit and violence: and precious shall their blood be in his sight.


Psa 72:15-20 KJV  And he shall live, and to him shall be given of the gold of Sheba: prayer also shall be made for him continually; and daily shall he be praised.  (16)  There shall be an handful of corn in the earth upon the top of the mountains; the fruit thereof shall shake like Lebanon: and they of the city shall flourish like grass of the earth.  (17)  His name shall endure for ever: his name shall be continued as long as the sun: and men shall be blessed in him: all nations shall call him blessed.  (18)  Blessed be the LORD God, the God of Israel, who only doeth wondrous things.  (19)  And blessed be his glorious name for ever: and let the whole earth be filled with his glory; Amen, and Amen.  (20)  The prayers of David the son of Jesse are ended.

Jas 2:1-10 KJV  My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with respect of persons.  (2)  For if there come unto your assembly a man with a gold ring, in goodly apparel, and there come in also a poor man in vile raiment;  (3)  And ye have respect to him that weareth the gay clothing, and say unto him, Sit thou here in a good place; and say to the poor, Stand thou there, or sit here under my footstool:  (4)  Are ye not then partial in yourselves, and are become judges of evil thoughts?  (5)  Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?  (6)  But ye have despised the poor. Do not rich men oppress you, and draw you before the judgment seats?  (7)  Do not they blaspheme that worthy name by the which ye are called?  (8)  If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:  (9)  But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.  (10)  For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

Jer 20:14-18 KJV  Cursed be the day wherein I was born: let not the day wherein my mother bare me be blessed.  (15)  Cursed be the man who brought tidings to my father, saying, A man child is born unto thee; making him very glad.  (16)  And let that man be as the cities which the LORD overthrew, and repented not: and let him hear the cry in the morning, and the shouting at noontide;  (17)  Because he slew me not from the womb; or that my mother might have been my grave, and her womb to be always great with me.  (18)  Wherefore came I forth out of the womb to see labour and sorrow, that my days should be consumed with shame?

In some ways we variate with commentaries on this passage. Reference Bibles lead us to passages that sound mournful. This is actually one time Jeremiah speaks with sarcasm. Instead of himself dreading his own birth the rest of Judah and Jerusalem is joining him in dreading the day he was chosen by God to deliver the message of doom that so few believed. Amen!

Jer 1:1-10 KJV  The words of Jeremiah the son of Hilkiah, of the priests that were in Anathoth in the land of Benjamin:  (2)  To whom the word of the LORD came in the days of Josiah the son of Amon king of Judah, in the thirteenth year of his reign.  (3)  It came also in the days of Jehoiakim the son of Josiah king of Judah, unto the end of the eleventh year of Zedekiah the son of Josiah king of Judah, unto the carrying away of Jerusalem captive in the fifth month.  (4)  Then the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,  (5)  Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.  (6)  Then said I, Ah, Lord GOD! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child.  (7)  But the LORD said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak.  (8)  Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the LORD.  (9)  Then the LORD put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the LORD said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth.  (10)  See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and to plant.

Jer 4:14-21 KJV  O Jerusalem, wash thine heart from wickedness, that thou mayest be saved. How long shall thy vain thoughts lodge within thee?  (15)  For a voice declareth from Dan, and publisheth affliction from mount Ephraim.  (16)  Make ye mention to the nations; behold, publish against Jerusalem, that watchers come from a far country, and give out their voice against the cities of Judah.  (17)  As keepers of a field, are they against her round about; because she hath been rebellious against me, saith the LORD.  (18)  Thy way and thy doings have procured these things unto thee; this is thy wickedness, because it is bitter, because it reacheth unto thine heart.  (19)  My bowels, my bowels! I am pained at my very heart; my heart maketh a noise in me; I cannot hold my peace, because thou hast heard, O my soul, the sound of the trumpet, the alarm of war.  (20)  Destruction upon destruction is cried; for the whole land is spoiled: suddenly are my tents spoiled, and my curtains in a moment.  (21)  How long shall I see the standard, and hear the sound of the trumpet?

Jer 4:22-31 KJV  For my people is foolish, they have not known me; they are sottishH5530 children, and they have none understanding: they are wise to do evil, but to do good they have no knowledge.  (23)  I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.  (24)  I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.  (25)  I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.  (26)  I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger.  (27)  For thus hath the LORD said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end.  (28)  For this shall the earth mourn, and the heavens above be black: because I have spoken it, I have purposed it, and will not repent, neither will I turn back from it.  (29)  The whole city shall flee for the noise of the horsemen and bowmen; they shall go into thickets, and climb up upon the rocks: every city shall be forsaken, and not a man dwell therein.  (30)  And when thou art spoiled, what wilt thou do? Though thou clothest thyself with crimson, though thou deckest thee with ornaments of gold, though thou rentest thy face with painting, in vain shalt thou make thyself fair; thy lovers will despise thee, they will seek thy life.  (31)  For I have heard a voice as of a woman in travail, and the anguish as of her that bringeth forth her first child, the voice of the daughter of Zion, that bewaileth herself, that spreadeth her hands, saying, Woe is me now! for my soul is wearied because of murderers.

H5530
סָכָל
sâkâl
saw-kawl'
From H5528; silly: - fool (-ish), sottish.
Total KJV occurrences: 7


Mat 21:33-40 KJV  Hear another parable: There was a certain householder, which planted a vineyard, and hedged it round about, and digged a winepress in it, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a far country:  (34)  And when the time of the fruit drew near, he sent his servants to the husbandmen, that they might receive the fruits of it.  (35)  And the husbandmen took his servants, and beat one, and killed another, and stoned another.  (36)  Again, he sent other servants more than the first: and they did unto them likewise.  (37)  But last of all he sent unto them his son, saying, They will reverence my son.  (38)  But when the husbandmen saw the son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and let us seize on his inheritance.  (39)  And they caught him, and cast him out of the vineyard, and slew him.  (40)  When the lord therefore of the vineyard cometh, what will he do unto those husbandmen?

Mat 21:41-46 KJV  They say unto him, He will miserably destroy those wicked men, and will let out his vineyard unto other husbandmen, which shall render him the fruits in their seasons.  (42)  Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?  (43)  Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.  (44)  And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.  (45)  And when the chief priests and Pharisees had heard his parables, they perceived that he spake of them.  (46)  But when they sought to lay hands on him, they feared the multitude, because they took him for a prophet.

As we know or in case you did not Jesus’ message was not very well received when He came as well. As we also know or maybe you did not He has a message for the entire world that’s not very well received either. However just like in the days of Jeremiah as well as Jesus’ the judgment came to Judah and Jerusalem. Just as it most certainly will for the world. Amen!

Rev 16:15-16 KJV  Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.  (16)  And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.

Mat 24:42-51 KJV  Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.  (43)  But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.  (44)  Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.  (45)  Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?  (46)  Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.  (47)  Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.  (48)  But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;  (49)  And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;  (50)  The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,  (51)  And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.


Rev 22:7-21 KJV  Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.  (8)  And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things.  (9)  Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.  (10)  And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.  (11)  He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.  (12)  And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.  (13)  I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.  (14)  Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.  (15)  For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.  (16)  I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.  (17)  And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.  (18)  For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:  (19)  And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.  (20)  He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.  (21)  The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

As always thanks for sharing a word 
God Bless














































































































































Print

No comments: