Welcome to the World of Biblical Prophecy for History and Today

This Blog is intended to help myself and others gain the best understanding of the world around us through exploration of prophetic scripture. The Bible is the text book. Through these studies we will hopefully provide understanding to both believer and unbeliever alike. The way our God and our Savior Jesus distinguish themselves in the spiritual world is through prophetic means. In other words what the Bible teaches us through fullfillment of these prophecies shows us the truth. Let's take some prophetic journeys through history and at the same time learn about the world around us today. Please try and be patient with any typographical errors as I am my own typist and my own research staff. Thanks



Tuesday, October 6, 2020

The Red Horseman The Possibilities part 1 Concerning Esau


The Red Horseman 
The Possibilities part 1
Concerning Esau

Mat 28:1-7 KJV  In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.  (2)  And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it.  (3)  His countenance was like lightning, and his raiment white as snow:  (4)  And for fear of him the keepers did shake, and became as dead men.  (5)  And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified.  (6)  He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.  (7)  And go quickly, and tell his disciples that he is risen from the dead; and, behold, he goeth before you into Galilee; there shall ye see him: lo, I have told you.


Mat 28:8-20 KJV  And they departed quickly from the sepulchre with fear and great joy; and did run to bring his disciples word.  (9)  And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, All hail. And they came and held him by the feet, and worshipped him.  (10)  Then said Jesus unto them, Be not afraid: go tell my brethren that they go into Galilee, and there shall they see me.  (11)  Now when they were going, behold, some of the watch came into the city, and shewed unto the chief priests all the things that were done.  (12)  And when they were assembled with the elders, and had taken counsel, they gave large money unto the soldiers,  (13)  Saying, Say ye, His disciples came by night, and stole him away while we slept.  (14)  And if this come to the governor's ears, we will persuade him, and secure you.  (15)  So they took the money, and did as they were taught: and this saying is commonly reported among the Jews until this day.  (16)  Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them.  (17)  And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.  (18)  And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.  (19)  Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:  (20)  Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Rev 5:1-7 KJV  And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals.  (2)  And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof?  (3)  And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon.  (4)  And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon.  (5)  And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.  (6)  And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.  (7)  And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne.

Rev 5:8-14 KJV  And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.  (9)  And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;  (10)  And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.  (11)  And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;  (12)  Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.  (13)  And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.  (14)  And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever.

Rev 6:3-4 KJV  And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see.  (4)  And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.


Gen 24:1-8 KJV  And Abraham was old, and well stricken in age: and the LORD had blessed Abraham in all things.  (2)  And Abraham said unto his eldest servant of his house, that ruled over all that he had, Put, I pray thee, thy hand under my thigh:  (3)  And I will make thee swear by the LORD, the God of heaven, and the God of the earth, that thou shalt not take a wife unto my son of the daughters of the Canaanites, among whom I dwell:  (4)  But thou shalt go unto my country, and to my kindred, and take a wife unto my son Isaac.  (5)  And the servant said unto him, Peradventure the woman will not be willing to follow me unto this land: must I needs bring thy son again unto the land from whence thou camest?  (6)  And Abraham said unto him, Beware thou that thou bring not my son thither again.  (7)  The LORD God of heaven, which took me from my father's house, and from the land of my kindred, and which spake unto me, and that sware unto me, saying, Unto thy seed will I give this land; he shall send his angel before thee, and thou shalt take a wife unto my son from thence.  (8)  And if the woman will not be willing to follow thee, then thou shalt be clear from this my oath: only bring not my son thither again.

Gen 24:12-16 KJV  And he said, O LORD God of my master Abraham, I pray thee, send me good speed this day, and shew kindness unto my master Abraham.  (13)  Behold, I stand here by the well of water; and the daughters of the men of the city come out to draw water:  (14)  And let it come to pass, that the damsel to whom I shall say, Let down thy pitcher, I pray thee, that I may drink; and she shall say, Drink, and I will give thy camels drink also: let the same be she that thou hast appointed for thy servant Isaac; and thereby shall I know that thou hast shewed kindness unto my master.  (15)  And it came to pass, before he had done speaking, that, behold, Rebekah came out, who was born to Bethuel, son of Milcah, the wife of Nahor, Abraham's brother, with her pitcher upon her shoulder.  (16)  And the damsel was very fair to look upon, a virgin, neither had any man known her: and she went down to the well, and filled her pitcher, and came up.


Gen 24:61-67 KJV  And Rebekah arose, and her damsels, and they rode upon the camels, and followed the man: and the servant took Rebekah, and went his way.  (62)  And Isaac came from the way of the well Lahairoi; for he dwelt in the south country.  (63)  And Isaac went out to meditate in the field at the eventide: and he lifted up his eyes, and saw, and, behold, the camels were coming.  (64)  And Rebekah lifted up her eyes, and when she saw Isaac, she lighted off the camel.  (65)  For she had said unto the servant, What man is this that walketh in the field to meet us? And the servant had said, It is my master: therefore she took a vail, and covered herself.  (66)  And the servant told Isaac all things that he had done.  (67)  And Isaac brought her into his mother Sarah's tent, and took Rebekah, and she became his wife; and he loved her: and Isaac was comforted after his mother's death.


As we did in our last journey looking into the white horseman we will give some details of scripture regarding the color red. The first time we know of so far that we see find the color red in scripture is regarding Esau’ birth. 

Gen 25:19-23 KJV  And these are the generations of Isaac, Abraham's son: Abraham begat Isaac:  (20)  And Isaac was forty years old when he took Rebekah to wife, the daughter of Bethuel the Syrian of Padanaram, the sister to Laban the Syrian.  (21)  And Isaac intreated the LORD for his wife, because she was barren: and the LORD was intreated of him, and Rebekah his wife conceived.  (22)  And the children struggled together within her; and she said, If it be so, why am I thus? And she went to enquire of the LORD.  (23)  And the LORD said unto her, Two nations are in thy womb, and two manner of people shall be separated from thy bowels; and the one people shall be stronger than the other people; and the elder shall serve the younger.

Gen 25:24-28 KJV  And when her days to be delivered were fulfilled, behold, there were twins in her womb.  (25)  And the first came out redH132,all over like an hairy garment; and they called his name EsauH6215.  (26)  And after that came his brother out, and his hand took hold on Esau's heel; and his name was called JacobH3290: and Isaac was threescore years old when she bare them.  (27)  And the boys grew: and Esau was a cunning hunter, a man of the field; and Jacob was a plain man, dwelling in tents.  (28)  And Isaac loved Esau, because he did eat of his venison: but Rebekah loved Jacob.

H132
אַדְמוֹנִי    אַדְמֹנִי
'admônı̂y    'admônı̂y
ad-mo-nee', ad-mo-nee'
From H119; reddish (of the hair or the complexion): - red, ruddy.
Total KJV occurrences: 3

H6215
עֵשָׂו
‛êśâv
ay-sawv'
Apparently a form of the passive participle of H6213 in the original sense of handling; rough (that is, sensibly felt); Esav, a son of Isaac, including his posterity: - Esau.
Total KJV occurrences: 97

H6215
עשׂו
‛êśâv
BDB Definition:
Esau = “hairy”
1) eldest son of Isaac and Rebecca and twin brother of Jacob; sold the birthright for food when he was hungry and the divine blessing went to Jacob; progenitor of the Arab peoples
Part of Speech: noun proper masculine
A Related Word by BDB/Strong’s Number: apparently a form of the passive participle of H6213 in the original sense of handling

H3290
יַעֲקֹב
ya‛ăqôb
yah-ak-obe'
From H6117; heel catcher (that is, supplanter); Jaakob, the Israelitish patriarch: - Jacob.
Total KJV occurrences: 349

Webster’s 1828 Dictionary

Supplant
SUPPLANT', v.t. [L. supplanto; sub and planta, the bottom of the foot.] To trip up the heels.
Supplanted down he fell.
1. To remove or displace by stratagem; or to displace and take the place of; as, a rival supplants another in the affections of his mistress, or in the favor of his prince.
Suspecting that the courtier had supplanted the friend.
2. To overthrow; to undermine.

Gen 25:27-34 KJV  And the boys grew: and Esau was a cunning hunter, a man of the field; and Jacob was a plain man, dwelling in tents.  (28)  And Isaac loved Esau, because he did eat of his venison: but Rebekah loved Jacob.  (29)  And Jacob sod pottage: and Esau came from the field, and he was faint:  (30)  And Esau said to Jacob, Feed me, I pray thee, with that same red pottage; for I am faint: therefore was his name called Edom.  (31)  And Jacob said, Sell me this day thy birthright.  (32)  And Esau said, Behold, I am at the point to die: and what profit shall this birthright do to me?  (33)  And Jacob said, Swear to me this day; and he sware unto him: and he sold his birthright unto Jacob.  (34)  Then Jacob gave Esau bread and pottage of lentiles; and he did eat and drink, and rose up, and went his way: thus Esau despised his birthright.

Hendrick ter BrugghenEsau Selling His Birthright, c. 1627.


The fact that Esau despised his birthright is very important. It leads to a very unique passage of scripture which we will point out later. It’s very important for a whole host of reasons which we probably not develop in today’s journey. 

Also as we have mentioned on more than one occasion Esau thought he was kidding but God did not take it so light heartedly. As we will discover there were many things Esau did that grieved both his parents and the Lord. Esau appears in 85 verses for a total of 100 times in the scripture. This covers appearances in both Testaments of scripture. 

Gen 15:1-6 KJV  After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.  (2)  And Abram said, Lord GOD, what wilt thou give me, seeing I go childless, and the steward of my house is this Eliezer of Damascus?  (3)  And Abram said, Behold, to me thou hast given no seed: and, lo, one born in my house is mine heir.  (4)  And, behold, the word of the LORD came unto him, saying, This shall not be thine heir; but he that shall come forth out of thine own bowels shall be thine heir.  (5)  And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be.  (6)  And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.

The Vision of the Lord Directing Abram to Count the Stars (woodcut by Julius Schnorr von Carolsfeld from the 1860 Bible in Pictures


Gen 15:7-12 KJV  And he said unto him, I am the LORD that brought thee out of Ur of the Chaldees, to give thee this land to inherit it.  (8)  And he said, Lord GOD, whereby shall I know that I shall inherit it?  (9)  And he said unto him, Take me an heifer of three years old, and a she goat of three years old, and a ram of three years old, and a turtledove, and a young pigeon.  (10)  And he took unto him all these, and divided them in the midst, and laid each piece one against another: but the birds divided he not.  (11)  And when the fowls came down upon the carcases, Abram drove them away.  (12)  And when the sun was going down, a deep sleep fell upon Abram; and, lo, an horror of great darkness fell upon him.

Gen 15:13-17 KJV  And he said unto Abram, Know of a surety that thy seed shall be a stranger in a land that is not theirs, and shall serve them; and they shall afflict them four hundred years;  (14)  And also that nation, whom they shall serve, will I judge: and afterward shall they come out with great substance.  (15)  And thou shalt go to thy fathers in peace; thou shalt be buried in a good old age.  (16)  But in the fourth generation they shall come hither again: for the iniquity of the Amorites is not yet full.  (17)  And it came to pass, that, when the sun went down, and it was dark, behold a smoking furnace, and a burning lamp that passed between those pieces.

Gen 15:18-21 KJV  In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates:  (19)  The Kenites, and the Kenizzites, and the Kadmonites,  (20)  And the Hittites, and the Perizzites, and the Rephaims,  (21)  And the Amorites, and the Canaanites, and the Girgashites, and the Jebusites.


Gen 26:34-35 KJV  And Esau was forty years old when he took to wife Judith the daughter of Beeri the Hittite, and Bashemath the daughter of Elon the Hittite:  (35)  Which were a grief of mind unto Isaac and to Rebekah.

Although the Law had not been given at this time these nations were promised unto Abraham and eventually to Israel. They were seen as inferior nations by the Lord God Himself therefore it was a given that Esau should not have chosen wives from this nation. Sort of like Adam and Eve knew polygamy was not a good thing. Sort of like Noah knew his first act after the flood and coming off of the ark was to build an altar and sacrifice to the Lord. 

Gen 27:1-4 KJV  And it came to pass, that when Isaac was old, and his eyes were dim, so that he could not see, he called Esau his eldest son, and said unto him, My son: and he said unto him, Behold, here am I.  (2)  And he said, Behold now, I am old, I know not the day of my death:  (3)  Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;  (4)  And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die.

Gen 27:5-12 KJV  And Rebekah heard when Isaac spake to Esau his son. And Esau went to the field to hunt for venison, and to bring it.  (6)  And Rebekah spake unto Jacob her son, saying, Behold, I heard thy father speak unto Esau thy brother, saying,  (7)  Bring me venison, and make me savoury meat, that I may eat, and bless thee before the LORD before my death.  (8)  Now therefore, my son, obey my voice according to that which I command thee.  (9)  Go now to the flock, and fetch me from thence two good kids of the goats; and I will make them savoury meat for thy father, such as he loveth:  (10)  And thou shalt bring it to thy father, that he may eat, and that he may bless thee before his death.  (11)  And Jacob said to Rebekah his mother, Behold, Esau my brother is a hairy man, and I am a smooth man:  (12)  My father peradventure will feel me, and I shall seem to him as a deceiver; and I shall bring a curse upon me, and not a blessing.

Gen 27:13-23 KJV  And his mother said unto him, Upon me be thy curse, my son: only obey my voice, and go fetch me them.  (14)  And he went, and fetched, and brought them to his mother: and his mother made savoury meat, such as his father loved.  (15)  And Rebekah took goodly raiment of her eldest son Esau, which were with her in the house, and put them upon Jacob her younger son:  (16)  And she put the skins of the kids of the goats upon his hands, and upon the smooth of his neck:  (17)  And she gave the savoury meat and the bread, which she had prepared, into the hand of her son Jacob.  (18)  And he came unto his father, and said, My father: and he said, Here am I; who art thou, my son?  (19)  And Jacob said unto his father, I am Esau thy firstborn; I have done according as thou badest me: arise, I pray thee, sit and eat of my venison, that thy soul may bless me.  (20)  And Isaac said unto his son, How is it that thou hast found it so quickly, my son? And he said, Because the LORD thy God brought it to me.  (21)  And Isaac said unto Jacob, Come near, I pray thee, that I may feel thee, my son, whether thou be my very son Esau or not.  (22)  And Jacob went near unto Isaac his father; and he felt him, and said, The voice is Jacob's voice, but the hands are the hands of Esau.  (23)  And he discerned him not, because his hands were hairy, as his brother Esau's hands: so he blessed him.

Gen 27:24-29 KJV  And he said, Art thou my very son Esau? And he said, I am.  (25)  And he said, Bring it near to me, and I will eat of my son's venison, that my soul may bless thee. And he brought it near to him, and he did eat: and he brought him wine, and he drank.  (26)  And his father Isaac said unto him, Come near now, and kiss me, my son.  (27)  And he came near, and kissed him: and he smelled the smell of his raiment, and blessed him, and said, See, the smell of my son is as the smell of a field which the LORD hath blessed:  (28)  Therefore God give thee of the dew of heaven, and the fatness of the earth, and plenty of corn and wine:  (29)  Let people serve thee, and nations bow down to thee: be lord over thy brethren, and let thy mother's sons bow down to thee: cursed be every one that curseth thee, and blessed be he that blesseth thee.


Gen 27:30-36 KJV  And it came to pass, as soon as Isaac had made an end of blessing Jacob, and Jacob was yet scarce gone out from the presence of Isaac his father, that Esau his brother came in from his hunting.  (31)  And he also had made savoury meat, and brought it unto his father, and said unto his father, Let my father arise, and eat of his son's venison, that thy soul may bless me.  (32)  And Isaac his father said unto him, Who art thou? And he said, I am thy son, thy firstborn Esau.  (33)  And Isaac trembled very exceedingly, and said, Who? where is he that hath taken venison, and brought it me, and I have eaten of all before thou camest, and have blessed him? yea, and he shall be blessed.  (34)  And when Esau heard the words of his father, he cried with a great and exceeding bitter cry, and said unto his father, Bless me, even me also, O my father.  (35)  And he said, Thy brother came with subtilty, and hath taken away thy blessing.  (36)  And he said, Is not he rightly named Jacob? for he hath supplanted me these two times: he took away my birthright; and, behold, now he hath taken away my blessing. And he said, Hast thou not reserved a blessing for me?

Gen 27:37-41 KJV  And Isaac answered and said unto Esau, Behold, I have made him thy lord, and all his brethren have I given to him for servants; and with corn and wine have I sustained him: and what shall I do now unto thee, my son?  (38)  And Esau said unto his father, Hast thou but one blessing, my father? bless me, even me also, O my father. And Esau lifted up his voice, and wept.  (39)  And Isaac his father answered and said unto him, Behold, thy dwelling shall be the fatness of the earth, and of the dew of heaven from above;  (40)  And by thy sword shalt thou live, and shalt serve thy brother; and it shall come to pass when thou shalt have the dominion, that thou shalt break his yoke from off thy neck.  (41)  And Esau hated Jacob because of the blessing wherewith his father blessed him: and Esau said in his heart, The days of mourning for my father are at hand; then will I slay my brother Jacob.

Gen 27:42-46 KJV  And these words of Esau her elder son were told to Rebekah: and she sent and called Jacob her younger son, and said unto him, Behold, thy brother Esau, as touching thee, doth comfort himself, purposing to kill thee.  (43)  Now therefore, my son, obey my voice; and arise, flee thou to Laban my brother to Haran;  (44)  And tarry with him a few days, until thy brother's fury turn away;  (45)  Until thy brother's anger turn away from thee, and he forget that which thou hast done to him: then I will send, and fetch thee from thence: why should I be deprived also of you both in one day?  (46)  And Rebekah said to Isaac, I am weary of my life because of the daughters of Heth: if Jacob take a wife of the daughters of Heth, such as these which are of the daughters of the land, what good shall my life do me?

Gen 28:1-5 KJV  And Isaac called Jacob, and blessed him, and charged him, and said unto him, Thou shalt not take a wife of the daughters of Canaan.  (2)  Arise, go to Padanaram, to the house of Bethuel thy mother's father; and take thee a wife from thence of the daughters of Laban thy mother's brother.  (3)  And God Almighty bless thee, and make thee fruitful, and multiply thee, that thou mayest be a multitude of people;  (4)  And give thee the blessing of Abraham, to thee, and to thy seed with thee; that thou mayest inherit the land wherein thou art a stranger, which God gave unto Abraham.  (5)  And Isaac sent away Jacob: and he went to Padanaram unto Laban, son of Bethuel the Syrian, the brother of Rebekah, Jacob's and Esau's mother.

Thus we have the full details which we started us upon our last journey which we looked into the Jacob’s dishonest father in  law Laban.

Gen 28:6-9 KJV  When Esau saw that Isaac had blessed Jacob, and sent him away to Padanaram, to take him a wife from thence; and that as he blessed him he gave him a charge, saying, Thou shalt not take a wife of the daughters of Canaan;  (7)  And that Jacob obeyed his father and his mother, and was gone to Padanaram;  (8)  And Esau seeing that the daughters of Canaan pleased not Isaac his father;  (9)  Then went Esau unto Ishmael, and took unto the wives which he had Mahalath the daughter of Ishmael Abraham's son, the sister of Nebajoth, to be his wife.

On top of hating his birthright marrying into the Hittites he performs these acts. They just made a miserable situation worse one could say. We owe a great deal we feel in this case to Rebekah. 

It’s very noteworthy here to mention that we see a coming together of those sons that were not given a covenant blessing. Isaac and Ishmael were separated from one another over the blessing. Here we see the same happening to Jacob and Esau. This is something that can be traced all the way back to Cain and Able. 

Nothing more is heard of Esau until we come to Genesis 32 and Jacob’s return back to the land promised him by God Himself. We studied through the animosity between Jacob and Laban in our last journey. We see that not only was there the animosity between the 2 but Jacob also had his brother Esau to deal with. 

Gen 32:1-8 KJV  And Jacob went on his way, and the angels of God met him.  (2)  And when Jacob saw them, he said, This is God's host: and he called the name of that place Mahanaim.  (3)  And Jacob sent messengers before him to Esau his brother unto the land of Seir, the country of Edom.  (4)  And he commanded them, saying, Thus shall ye speak unto my lord Esau; Thy servant Jacob saith thus, I have sojourned with Laban, and stayed there until now:  (5)  And I have oxen, and asses, flocks, and menservants, and womenservants: and I have sent to tell my lord, that I may find grace in thy sight.  (6)  And the messengers returned to Jacob, saying, We came to thy brother Esau, and also he cometh to meet thee, and four hundred men with him.  (7)  Then Jacob was greatly afraid and distressed: and he divided the people that was with him, and the flocks, and herds, and the camels, into two bands;  (8)  And said, If Esau come to the one company, and smite it, then the other company which is left shall escape.

Gen 32:9-12 KJV  And Jacob said, O God of my father Abraham, and God of my father Isaac, the LORD which saidst unto me, Return unto thy country, and to thy kindred, and I will deal well with thee:  (10)  I am not worthy of the least of all the mercies, and of all the truth, which thou hast shewed unto thy servant; for with my staff I passed over this Jordan; and now I am become two bands.  (11)  Deliver me, I pray thee, from the hand of my brother, from the hand of Esau: for I fear him, lest he will come and smite me, and the mother with the children.  (12)  And thou saidst, I will surely do thee good, and make thy seed as the sand of the sea, which cannot be numbered for multitude.


Gen 32:13-20 KJV  And he lodged there that same night; and took of that which came to his hand a present for Esau his brother;  (14)  Two hundred she goats, and twenty he goats, two hundred ewes, and twenty rams,  (15)  Thirty milch camels with their colts, forty kine, and ten bulls, twenty she asses, and ten foals.  (16)  And he delivered them into the hand of his servants, every drove by themselves; and said unto his servants, Pass over before me, and put a space betwixt drove and drove.  (17)  And he commanded the foremost, saying, When Esau my brother meeteth thee, and asketh thee, saying, Whose art thou? and whither goest thou? and whose are these before thee?  (18)  Then thou shalt say, They be thy servant Jacob's; it is a present sent unto my lord Esau: and, behold, also he is behind us.  (19)  And so commanded he the second, and the third, and all that followed the droves, saying, On this manner shall ye speak unto Esau, when ye find him.  (20)  And say ye moreover, Behold, thy servant Jacob is behind us. For he said, I will appease him with the present that goeth before me, and afterward I will see his face; peradventure he will accept of me.

Gen 32:21-32 KJV  So went the present over before him: and himself lodged that night in the company.  (22)  And he rose up that night, and took his two wives, and his two womenservants, and his eleven sons, and passed over the ford Jabbok.  (23)  And he took them, and sent them over the brook, and sent over that he had.  (24)  And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.  (25)  And when he saw that he prevailed not against him, he touched the hollow of his thigh; and the hollow of Jacob's thigh was out of joint, as he wrestled with him.  (26)  And he said, Let me go, for the day breaketh. And he said, I will not let thee go, except thou bless me.  (27)  And he said unto him, What is thy name? And he said, Jacob.  (28)  And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but IsraelH3478: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.  (29)  And Jacob asked him, and said, Tell me, I pray thee, thy name. And he said, Wherefore is it that thou dost ask after my name? And he blessed him there.  (30)  And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.  (31)  And as he passed over Penuel the sun rose upon him, and he halted upon his thigh.  (32)  Therefore the children of Israel eat not of the sinew which shrank, which is upon the hollow of the thigh, unto this day: because he touched the hollow of Jacob's thigh in the sinew that shrank.


H3478
יִשְׂרָאֵל
yiśrâ'êl
yis-raw-ale'
From H8280 and H410; he will rule as God; Jisrael, a symbolical name of Jacob; also (typically) of his posterity: - Israel.
Total KJV occurrences: 2505

Gen 32:30-31 KJV  And Jacob called the name of the place PenielH6439: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.  (31)  And as he passed over PenuelH6439 the sun rose upon him, and he halted upon his thigh.

H6439
פְּנִיאֵל    פְּנוּאֵל
penû'êl    penı̂y'êl
pen-oo-ale', pen-ee-ale'
From H6437 and H410; face of God; Penuel or Peniel, a place East of Jordan; also (as Penuel) the name of two Israelites: - Peniel, Penuel.
Total KJV occurrences: 9

Gen 33:1-4 KJV  And Jacob lifted up his eyes, and looked, and, behold, Esau came, and with him four hundred men. And he divided the children unto Leah, and unto Rachel, and unto the two handmaids.  (2)  And he put the handmaids and their children foremost, and Leah and her children after, and Rachel and Joseph hindermost.  (3)  And he passed over before them, and bowed himself to the ground seven times, until he came near to his brother.  (4)  And Esau ran to meet him, and embraced him, and fell on his neck, and kissed him: and they wept.

John Wesley’s Explanatory Notes

Genesis 33:4
And Esau ran to meet him - Not in passion but in love. Embraced him, fell on his neck and kissed him - God hath the hearts of all men in his hands, and can turn them when and how he pleases. He can of a sudden convert enemies into friends, as he did two Sauls, one by restraining grace, 1Sa_26:21, 1Sa_26:25, the other by renewing grace, Act_9:21. And they wept - Jacob wept for joy to be thus kindly received; Esau perhaps wept for grief and shame to think of the ill design he had conceived against his brother.


Gen 33:5-12 KJV  And he lifted up his eyes, and saw the women and the children; and said, Who are those with thee? And he said, The children which God hath graciously given thy servant.  (6)  Then the handmaidens came near, they and their children, and they bowed themselves.  (7)  And Leah also with her children came near, and bowed themselves: and after came Joseph near and Rachel, and they bowed themselves.  (8)  And he said, What meanest thou by all this drove which I met? And he said, These are to find grace in the sight of my lord.  (9)  And Esau said, I have enough, my brother; keep that thou hast unto thyself.  (10)  And Jacob said, Nay, I pray thee, if now I have found grace in thy sight, then receive my present at my hand: for therefore I have seen thy face, as though I had seen the face of God, and thou wast pleased with me.  (11)  Take, I pray thee, my blessing that is brought to thee; because God hath dealt graciously with me, and because I have enough. And he urged him, and he took it.  (12)  And he said, Let us take our journey, and let us go, and I will go before thee.

Gen 33:13-20 KJV  And he said unto him, My lord knoweth that the children are tender, and the flocks and herds with young are with me: and if men should overdrive them one day, all the flock will die.  (14)  Let my lord, I pray thee, pass over before his servant: and I will lead on softly, according as the cattle that goeth before me and the children be able to endure, until I come unto my lord unto Seir.  (15)  And Esau said, Let me now leave with thee some of the folk that are with me. And he said, What needeth it? let me find grace in the sight of my lord.  (16)  So Esau returned that day on his way unto Seir.  (17)  And Jacob journeyed to Succoth, and built him an house, and made booths for his cattle: therefore the name of the place is called Succoth.  (18)  And Jacob came to Shalem, a city of Shechem, which is in the land of Canaan, when he came from Padanaram; and pitched his tent before the city.  (19)  And he bought a parcel of a field, where he had spread his tent, at the hand of the children of Hamor, Shechem's father, for an hundred pieces of money.  (20)  And he erected there an altar, and called it Elelohe-Israel.

Gen 35:1-7 KJV  And God said unto Jacob, Arise, go up to Bethel, and dwell there: and make there an altar unto God, that appeared unto thee when thou fleddest from the face of Esau thy brother.  (2)  Then Jacob said unto his household, and to all that were with him, Put away the strange gods that are among you, and be clean, and change your garments:  (3)  And let us arise, and go up to Bethel; and I will make there an altar unto God, who answered me in the day of my distress, and was with me in the way which I went.  (4)  And they gave unto Jacob all the strange gods which were in their hand, and all their earrings which were in their ears; and Jacob hid them under the oak which was by Shechem.  (5)  And they journeyed: and the terror of God was upon the cities that were round about them, and they did not pursue after the sons of Jacob.  (6)  So Jacob came to Luz, which is in the land of Canaan, that is, Bethel, he and all the people that were with him.  (7)  And he built there an altar, and called the place Elbethel: because there God appeared unto him, when he fled from the face of his brother.

The following comes from Adam Clarke’s Commentary on the Bible

Put away the strange gods - אלהי הנכר  elohey hannechar, the gods of the foreigners, which were among them. Jacob’s servants were all Syrians, and no doubt were addicted less or more to idolatry and superstition. These gods might belong to them, or, as some have conjectured, they were the teraphim which Rachel stole; but these have already been supposed to be astrological tables, or something of this kind, called by Laban his gods, because by them he supposed he could predict future events, and that they referred to certain astral and planetary intelligences, by whose influences sublunary things were regulated. But it is more natural to suppose that these gods found now in Jacob’s family were images of silver, gold, or curious workmanship, which were found among the spoils of the city of Shechem. Lest these should become incitements to idolatry, Jacob orders them to be put away.

Gen 35:27-29 KJV  And Jacob came unto Isaac his father unto Mamre, unto the city of Arbah, which is Hebron, where Abraham and Isaac sojourned.  (28)  And the days of Isaac were an hundred and fourscore years.  (29)  And Isaac gave up the ghost, and died, and was gathered unto his people, being old and full of days: and his sons Esau and Jacob buried him.

Gen 36:1 KJV  Now these are the generations of Esau, who is Edom.

Again we will refer to John Wesley’s Explanatory Notes

Genesis 36:1
Who is Edom - That name perpetuated the remembrance of the foolish bargain he made, when he sold his birth - right for that red pottage.

Gen 36:2-3 KJV  Esau took his wives of the daughters of Canaan; Adah the daughter of Elon the Hittite, and Aholibamah the daughter of Anah the daughter of Zibeon the Hivite;  (3)  And Bashemath Ishmael's daughter, sister of Nebajoth.

Gen 36:4-8 KJV  And Adah bare to Esau Eliphaz; and Bashemath bare Reuel;  (5)  And Aholibamah bare Jeush, and Jaalam, and Korah: these are the sons of Esau, which were born unto him in the land of Canaan.  (6)  And Esau took his wives, and his sons, and his daughters, and all the persons of his house, and his cattle, and all his beasts, and all his substance, which he had got in the land of Canaan; and went into the country from the face of his brother Jacob.  (7)  For their riches were more than that they might dwell together; and the land wherein they were strangers could not bear them because of their cattle.  (8)  Thus dwelt Esau in mount Seir: Esau is Edom.

Gen 36:9-10 KJV  And these are the generations of Esau the father of the Edomites in mount Seir:  (10)  These are the names of Esau's sons; Eliphaz the son of Adah the wife of Esau, Reuel the son of Bashemath the wife of Esau.

Gen 36:14 KJV  And these were the sons of Aholibamah, the daughter of Anah the daughter of Zibeon, Esau's wife: and she bare to Esau Jeush, and Jaalam, and Korah.

Gen 36:40-43 KJV  And these are the names of the dukes that came of Esau, according to their families, after their places, by their names; duke Timnah, duke Alvah, duke Jetheth,  (41)  Duke Aholibamah, duke Elah, duke Pinon,  (42)  Duke Kenaz, duke Teman, duke Mibzar,  (43)  Duke Magdiel, duke Iram: these be the dukes of Edom, according to their habitations in the land of their possession: he is Esau the father of the Edomites.

Exo 15:11-18 KJV  Who is like unto thee, O LORD, among the gods? who is like thee, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders?  (12)  Thou stretchedst out thy right hand, the earth swallowed them.  (13)  Thou in thy mercy hast led forth the people which thou hast redeemed: thou hast guided them in thy strength unto thy holy habitation.  (14)  The people shall hear, and be afraid: sorrow shall take hold on the inhabitants of Palestina.  (15)  Then the dukes of Edom shall be amazed; the mighty men of Moab, trembling shall take hold upon them; all the inhabitants of Canaan shall melt away.  (16)  Fear and dread shall fall upon them; by the greatness of thine arm they shall be as still as a stone; till thy people pass over, O LORD, till the people pass over, which thou hast purchased.  (17)  Thou shalt bring them in, and plant them in the mountain of thine inheritance, in the place, O LORD, which thou hast made for thee to dwell in, in the Sanctuary, O Lord, which thy hands have established.  (18)  The LORD shall reign for ever and ever.

Deu 2:1-8 KJV  Then we turned, and took our journey into the wilderness by the way of the Red sea, as the LORD spake unto me: and we compassed mount Seir many days.  (2)  And the LORD spake unto me, saying,  (3)  Ye have compassed this mountain long enough: turn you northward.  (4)  And command thou the people, saying, Ye are to pass through the coast of your brethren the children of Esau, which dwell in Seir; and they shall be afraid of you: take ye good heed unto yourselves therefore:  (5)  Meddle not with them; for I will not give you of their land, no, not so much as a foot breadth; because I have given mount Seir unto Esau for a possession.  (6)  Ye shall buy meat of them for money, that ye may eat; and ye shall also buy water of them for money, that ye may drink.  (7)  For the LORD thy God hath blessed thee in all the works of thy hand: he knoweth thy walking through this great wilderness: these forty years the LORD thy God hath been with thee; thou hast lacked nothing.  (8)  And when we passed by from our brethren the children of Esau, which dwelt in Seir, through the way of the plain from Elath, and from Eziongaber, we turned and passed by the way of the wilderness of Moab.

Deu 2:12 KJV  The Horims also dwelt in Seir beforetime; but the children of Esau succeeded them, when they had destroyed them from before them, and dwelt in their stead; as Israel did unto the land of his possession, which the LORD gave unto them.

Deu 2:29 KJV  (As the children of Esau which dwell in Seir, and the Moabites which dwell in Ar, did unto me;) until I shall pass over Jordan into the land which the LORD our God giveth us.

Jos 24:1-4 KJV  And Joshua gathered all the tribes of Israel to Shechem, and called for the elders of Israel, and for their heads, and for their judges, and for their officers; and they presented themselves before God.  (2)  And Joshua said unto all the people, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Your fathers dwelt on the other side of the flood in old time, even Terah, the father of Abraham, and the father of Nachor: and they served other gods.  (3)  And I took your father Abraham from the other side of the flood, and led him throughout all the land of Canaan, and multiplied his seed, and gave him Isaac.  (4)  And I gave unto Isaac Jacob and Esau: and I gave unto Esau mount Seir, to possess it; but Jacob and his children went down into Egypt.

Jer 49:1-10 KJV  Concerning the Ammonites, thus saith the LORD; Hath Israel no sons? hath he no heir? why then doth their king inherit Gad, and his people dwell in his cities?  (2)  Therefore, behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will cause an alarm of war to be heard in Rabbah of the Ammonites; and it shall be a desolate heap, and her daughters shall be burned with fire: then shall Israel be heir unto them that were his heirs, saith the LORD.  (3)  Howl, O Heshbon, for Ai is spoiled: cry, ye daughters of Rabbah, gird you with sackcloth; lament, and run to and fro by the hedges; for their king shall go into captivity, and his priests and his princes together.  (4)  Wherefore gloriest thou in the valleys, thy flowing valley, O backsliding daughter? that trusted in her treasures, saying, Who shall come unto me?  (5)  Behold, I will bring a fear upon thee, saith the Lord GOD of hosts, from all those that be about thee; and ye shall be driven out every man right forth; and none shall gather up him that wandereth.  (6)  And afterward I will bring again the captivity of the children of Ammon, saith the LORD.  (7)  Concerning Edom, thus saith the LORD of hosts; Is wisdom no more in Teman? is counsel perished from the prudent? is their wisdom vanished?  (8)  Flee ye, turn back, dwell deep, O inhabitants of Dedan; for I will bring the calamity of Esau upon him, the time that I will visit him.  (9)  If grapegatherers come to thee, would they not leave some gleaning grapes? if thieves by night, they will destroy till they have enough.  (10)  But I have made Esau bare, I have uncovered his secret places, and he shall not be able to hide himself: his seed is spoiled, and his brethren, and his neighbours, and he is not.


Gen 25:30-34 KJV  And Esau said to Jacob, Feed me, I pray thee, with that same red pottage; for I am faint: therefore was his name called EdomH123.  (31)  And Jacob said, Sell me this day thy birthright.  (32)  And Esau said, Behold, I am at the point to die: and what profit shall this birthright do to me?  (33)  And Jacob said, Swear to me this day; and he sware unto him: and he sold his birthright unto Jacob.  (34)  Then Jacob gave Esau bread and pottage of lentiles; and he did eat and drink, and rose up, and went his way: thus Esau despised his birthright.

H123
אֱדוֹם    אֱדֹם
'ĕdôm    'ĕdôm
ed-ome', ed-ome'
From H122; red (see Gen_25:25); Edom, the elder twin-brother of Jacob; hence the region (Idumaea) occuped by him: - Edom, Edomites, Idumea.
Total KJV occurrences: 100

Oddly enough the word shares the exact same amount of occurrences as Esau its founder. 

The kingdom of Edom which means red in the Bible was founded by Esau after driving out their enemies. 

Well friends we have reached what we feel is an appropriate point to wind down our journey for today. As we mentioned in our look into the white horseman there are going to be many journeys regarding this subject of red and the red horseman.

Let’s close out today’s journey with a reminder of who the boss is.

Luk 10:17-24 KJV  And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name.  (18)  And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.  (19)  Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.  (20)  Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.  (21)  In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.  (22)  All things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal him.  (23)  And he turned him unto his disciples, and said privately, Blessed are the eyes which see the things that ye see:  (24)  For I tell you, that many prophets and kings have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.

Joh 5:1-10 KJV  After this there was a feast of the Jews; and Jesus went up to Jerusalem.  (2)  Now there is at Jerusalem by the sheep market a pool, which is called in the Hebrew tongue Bethesda, having five porches.  (3)  In these lay a great multitude of impotent folk, of blind, halt, withered, waiting for the moving of the water.  (4)  For an angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled the water: whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of whatsoever disease he had.  (5)  And a certain man was there, which had an infirmity thirty and eight years.  (6)  When Jesus saw him lie, and knew that he had been now a long time in that case, he saith unto him, Wilt thou be made whole?  (7)  The impotent man answered him, Sir, I have no man, when the water is troubled, to put me into the pool: but while I am coming, another steppeth down before me.  (8)  Jesus saith unto him, Rise, take up thy bed, and walk.  (9)  And immediately the man was made whole, and took up his bed, and walked: and on the same day was the sabbath.  (10)  The Jews therefore said unto him that was cured, It is the sabbath day: it is not lawful for thee to carry thy bed.


Joh 5:12-18 KJV  Then asked they him, What man is that which said unto thee, Take up thy bed, and walk?  (13)  And he that was healed wist not who it was: for Jesus had conveyed himself away, a multitude being in that place.  (14)  Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.  (15)  The man departed, and told the Jews that it was Jesus, which had made him whole.  (16)  And therefore did the Jews persecute Jesus, and sought to slay him, because he had done these things on the sabbath day.  (17)  But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.  (18)  Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

Joh 5:19-30 KJV  Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.  (20)  For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.  (21)  For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.  (22)  For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:  (23)  That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.  (24)  Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.  (25)  Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.  (26)  For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;  (27)  And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.  (28)  Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,  (29)  And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.  (30)  I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

Friends Esau rejected his birthright which in essence gave us the promise of Yeshua, Jesus our Messiah through Jacob. People of these modern day equivalents have been and still can enter into the kingdom via Him. This is called mercy. He is the way. 


Joh 14:1-7 KJV  Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.  (2)  In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.  (3)  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.  (4)  And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.  (5)  Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?  (6)  Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.  (7)  If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

Again we would wish to remind you. While we still have time.

Mat 11:25-30 KJV  At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.  (26)  Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight.  (27)  All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.  (28)  Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  (29)  Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.  (30)  For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

As always thanks for sharing a word
God Bless




























































































































































Print

No comments: